Battery for a 1995 LT1 (6 speed) Coupe

Old August 13th 06, 05:34 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
OldSchool

Default Battery for a 1995 LT1 (6 speed) Coupe

What brand/size should I buy? Mine is toast.

Sadly, I don't drive it much. It has under 40K. I was told there was
some sort of add-on contraption that would make a battery last longer?
I don't remember the details, just thought I'd ask.

Thanks
OldSchool

Old August 13th 06, 10:05 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Charlie[_1_]

Personally, I only use Interstate batteries in my cars.

Charlie, 93 vert.

oups.com...

Old August 13th 06, 02:42 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
RS[_1_]

BATTERY TENDER

--
RS
2006 FLSTNI
oups.com...

Old August 14th 06, 01:49 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
OldSchool

Yeah, I used Interstate Batteries in my Firebird days (or is that
daze?).

Battery Tender? OK, I'll ask around. Thanks

BTW- 'How can I fill the final places, how can I complete the wall?'
ADVISE - Don't do it! The wall is bad, even though The Wall is good.
But it has nothing on Animals or Obscured by Clouds... Ever heard
Jugband Blues?

Old August 14th 06, 10:55 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Vern

OldSchool wrote:
> What brand/size should I buy? Mine is toast.
>
> Sadly, I don't drive it much. It has under 40K. I was told there was
> some sort of add-on contraption that would make a battery last longer?
> I don't remember the details, just thought I'd ask.
>
> Thanks
> OldSchool

I have a 92 LT-1 and had the battery replaced about a year ago at
Sears.....Diehard Gold guaranteed for 4 years...I believe about $100.

Now the battery is located just ahead of the driver side....there is a
panel on the side......that has to be removed......then it comes right
out.

DONOT accept someone telling you that all the stuff ABOVE THE BATTERY
has to be removed.......I was lucky that someone at Sears had done one.

If you are not financially challenged....take it to the dealer....I had
my water pump replaced.....and while it cost $550...the labor and parts
are guaranteed for life...printed right on the receipt...I have mine
serviced regularly there....there's no bullcrap.....I have a regular
service advisor.

Yeah...oil change is $6.50 qt for Mobil-1.....about $60
total........but hey...this is not a regular car........ is it ???

Vern
92 LT-1 all black coupe

Old August 15th 06, 05:36 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Bob G.

On 13 Aug 2006 17:49:06 -0700, "OldSchool" >
wrote:

>Yeah, I used Interstate Batteries in my Firebird days (or is that
>daze?).
>
>Battery Tender? OK, I'll ask around. Thanks
>
>BTW- 'How can I fill the final places, how can I complete the wall?'
>ADVISE - Don't do it! The wall is bad, even though The Wall is good.
>But it has nothing on Animals or Obscured by Clouds... Ever heard
>Jugband Blues?
>
>The 40 buck Battery Tender is just a float charger.. I use them on all My Corvettes

and my Garden Tractor over the winter...Garage looks like a Christmas
tree with all the blinking red and green lights... BUT they work ...
Can not remember the last time I had to buy a new Battery....
Bob G.
Old August 16th 06, 12:57 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
lab~rat >:-)

On 14 Aug 2006 02:55:10 -0700, "Vern" > puked:

>OldSchool wrote:
>> What brand/size should I buy? Mine is toast.
>>
>> Sadly, I don't drive it much. It has under 40K. I was told there was
>> some sort of add-on contraption that would make a battery last longer?
>> I don't remember the details, just thought I'd ask.
>>
>> Thanks
>> OldSchool

>I have a 92 LT-1 and had the battery replaced about a year ago at
>Sears.....Diehard Gold guaranteed for 4 years...I believe about $100.
>
>Now the battery is located just ahead of the driver side....there is a
>panel on the side......that has to be removed......then it comes right
>out.
>
>DONOT accept someone telling you that all the stuff ABOVE THE BATTERY
>has to be removed.......I was lucky that someone at Sears had done one.
>
>If you are not financially challenged....take it to the dealer....I had
>my water pump replaced.....and while it cost $550...the labor and parts
>are guaranteed for life...printed right on the receipt...I have mine
>serviced regularly there....there's no bullcrap.....I have a regular
>service advisor.

Couldn't you replace about three water pumps for that price?

>Yeah...oil change is $6.50 qt for Mobil-1.....about $60
>total........but hey...this is not a regular car........ is it ???
>
>Vern
>92 LT-1 all black coupe

lab~rat >:-)
Do you want polite or do you want sincere?
Old August 27th 06, 02:37 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Vern

lab~rat >:-) wrote:
> Couldn't you replace about three water pumps for that price?
> --
> lab~rat >:-)
> Do you want polite or do you want sincere?

Sincere is OK..

Yeah...if I was a Master Mechanic like my father was (died in 1991 and
would have a fit if the F.O.R.D. man knew I bought a Corvette)...

I could go to Advance Auto and get 3 water pumps for $550....I'm not a
mechanic...though I used to be able to set points and use a
Gasp....Timing light !.

My Dad would not speak to me in 1973 when I bought a 65 Corvair
Corsa....turbo model but the motor was replaced by a standard 110 HP 2
carb flat 6.....

Paid $250 and it served me well for 2 years....4 speed and full guages
!

Vern

92 LT1 Coupe Black on Black !

Old August 27th 06, 02:43 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Vern