Chrysler 300M video

Old April 8th 06, 04:08 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

Default Chrysler 300M video

My 1999 Chrysler 300M came with a videotape of its features. I mentioned it
as a joke a few weeks ago because it was still in good shape although it sat
unopened in my glovebox for 7 years. A 300M group in Germany saw my post
and is interested in getting the video (even though it is in US VHS format).
Unfortunately my copy was sent to my elderly in-laws with the car and I hate
to have them hassle and send it back to me. Would anyone be willing to send
me their copy and I would send it off to Germany? Or a copy of their copy?
The German 300M group says they are willing to reimburse costs.

Old April 8th 06, 05:33 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

Art wrote:

> My 1999 Chrysler 300M came with a videotape of its features.

I don't think that video being in the glove-box of new 300m's was a
common thing. I never had one in my '00.

Soon after I picked up my '00 300m (Nov/99) a relative bought me (from
e-bay) what looks like a press-kit package for the '99 Chrysler LHS
and 300m. It is a very nice (albeit cardboard) 3-panel follio with 3
brochures held in place by rubber straps. 2 of the brochures are for
the 300m, the third is for the LHS. Each one contains nice glossy
pictures of the cars, some descriptive text, and a set of about a
dozen color slide pictures of vehicle interior and exterior. I think
it's too nice to be a press kit, but I'm not sure exactly what it is
or who got it. It's the sort of thing you'd have on display with the
car when you take it to a car show a few decades from now. :-)
Old April 8th 06, 08:18 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

Indeed we had an early 300M. Bought it in November 98. So maybe the tape
only came with early models. I never looked at it but my in-laws did and
according to them it taught how to use many features of the car.

Old April 8th 06, 09:29 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

On 04/08/06 12:33 pm MoPar Man wrote:

>> My 1999 Chrysler 300M came with a videotape of its features.

> I don't think that video being in the glove-box of new 300m's was a
> common thing. I never had one in my '00.

Maybe they'd discontinued them by 2000. I had a video with a '95 Neon
and a '96 Stratus, but not (IIRC) with our '02 300M.

Perce
Old April 8th 06, 11:33 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

Art,

We never received one when we got ours new in '02

Ken

--
"Now Phoebe Snow direct can go
from thirty-third to Buffalo.

ink.net...

Old April 9th 06, 09:48 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

I have the VCR tape that came with my 2000 3ooM.
I purchased the car new in April 2000.
The car has a build date of Feb 2000.

I'm not interested in parting with the tape but I could transfer it to a
mpeg format.

Steve
2000 3ooM
2006 PT Cruiser
1988 New Yorker

Old April 10th 06, 03:39 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

I will check with the guy who emailed me from Germany is see if that would
do it for him. Thanks.

Old April 10th 06, 03:19 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler

Just heard from the guy in Germany and mpeg would be perfect. Do you want
his email address or would you be posting it somewhere for download?