Proof Positive You're Being MFFY'd With

Old February 28th 06, 05:06 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

Default Proof Positive You're Being MFFY'd With

Scott en Aztlán wrote:
> Ever wonder whether that other driver that's doing something asinine
> is a genuine MFFY or just an oblivious ****? Sometimes they make it
> obvious. Like the black BMW this morning that was content to drive at
> 50 MPH in a 55 MPH zone in the right lane, pacing a LLB in the left
> lane also doing 50 in a 55 zone. Mr. BMW had been slothing along for
> at least a mile, but no sooner did I change into the left lane and
> pull up close enough to the LLB sloth to prevent Mr. BMW from merging
> in front of me, suddenly he discovers his gas pedal and races ahead to
> merge into the left lane in time to make it into an upcoming left turn
> pocket. An oblivious **** would have simply slowed down even more and
> merged in behind me; only a MFFY would angrily speed up and cut in in
> front of someone else.
>
> Note that Mr. BMW had no turn signal on; I merely took a clue from his
> car's "body language" and (correctly) guessed that he was planning to
> block the road as long as he could and then merge in at the last
> moment. I took great pleasure in foiling his little scheme.
>
> These MFFYs really hate it when you beat them at their own game.
> --
> What the heck, I'll play too.
> - Dave

Wierd. You blame the guy proceeding quite legally without bothering
anyone untll he needs to change lanes, he resolves the problem by a
legal maneuver and HE is at fault??

The only guy at fault here is the LLBer with a contributing driver
(you, by deliberately blocking a legal move).

Look in the mirror Scott.

Harry K

Old February 28th 06, 06:53 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

"Harry K" > wrote in
oups.com:

> Scott en Aztlán wrote:
>> Ever wonder whether that other driver that's doing something asinine
>> is a genuine MFFY or just an oblivious ****? Sometimes they make it
>> obvious. Like the black BMW this morning that was content to drive at
>> 50 MPH in a 55 MPH zone in the right lane, pacing a LLB in the left
>> lane also doing 50 in a 55 zone. Mr. BMW had been slothing along for
>> at least a mile, but no sooner did I change into the left lane and
>> pull up close enough to the LLB sloth to prevent Mr. BMW from merging
>> in front of me, suddenly he discovers his gas pedal and races ahead to
>> merge into the left lane in time to make it into an upcoming left turn
>> pocket. An oblivious **** would have simply slowed down even more and
>> merged in behind me; only a MFFY would angrily speed up and cut in in
>> front of someone else.
>>
>> Note that Mr. BMW had no turn signal on; I merely took a clue from his
>> car's "body language" and (correctly) guessed that he was planning to
>> block the road as long as he could and then merge in at the last
>> moment. I took great pleasure in foiling his little scheme.
>>
>> These MFFYs really hate it when you beat them at their own game.
>> --
>> What the heck, I'll play too.
>> - Dave

> Wierd. You blame the guy proceeding quite legally without bothering
> anyone untll he needs to change lanes, he resolves the problem by a
> legal maneuver and HE is at fault??
>
> The only guy at fault here is the LLBer with a contributing driver
> (you, by deliberately blocking a legal move).
>
> Look in the mirror Scott.
>
> Harry K

"legal",but not advisable,as it shows the guy was not "looking
ahead,thinking ahead,acting ahead".
IOW,he was a "last-minute Larry"(LML).
I wouldn't want the LML BMW merging between me and the LLB,either.It cuts
down my safety distance.
Besides,by staying alongside the LLB,the LML was negligent in leaving
himself another option.(besides contributing to a rolling roadblock.)

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Old March 1st 06, 02:26 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

Jim Yanik wrote:
> IOW,he was a "last-minute Larry"(LML).
> I wouldn't want the LML BMW merging between me and the LLB,either.It cuts
> down my safety distance.

Worst are LML LLBs. At my motorway exit in town, the
motorway itself is 2 lanes in each direction, speed
limit 80km/h (for no good reason), and the exit is
slightly awkward (the road is bumpy and there's
no lead-in, it just branches off the slow lane suddenly).

Normally the traffic in the slow lane is doing about 65
and the fast lane about 75 as they pass this exit. But
today I found myself in the fast lane doing about 55.

I looked up ahead and there was somebody on a 50cc
motorbike right in the middle of the lane just toddling
along slowly.

I moved to the "slow" lane (which was actually moving
faster) about 100m before the exit, and passed a few
of the cars that I had been behind and were still stuck
behind the scooter.

The scooter person then cut across the slow lane and
onto the median strip between the slow lane and the
exit (after the main body of the exit), all in one smooth
slow move, and then began slowly cutting into the actual
exit lane.

I of course passed this caveman and whizzed off down
the offramp at a normal speed. I then had to stop at
the lights at the far end of the offramp (300m away).
Eventually the sloth biker coasted down the ramp,
looking at me the whole time until he had passed me.

Old March 1st 06, 03:58 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

Jim Yanik wrote:
> "Harry K" > wrote in
> oups.com:
>

> > Scott en Aztlán wrote:
> >> Ever wonder whether that other driver that's doing something asinine
> >> is a genuine MFFY or just an oblivious ****? Sometimes they make it
> >> obvious. Like the black BMW this morning that was content to drive at
> >> 50 MPH in a 55 MPH zone in the right lane, pacing a LLB in the left
> >> lane also doing 50 in a 55 zone. Mr. BMW had been slothing along for
> >> at least a mile, but no sooner did I change into the left lane and
> >> pull up close enough to the LLB sloth to prevent Mr. BMW from merging
> >> in front of me, suddenly he discovers his gas pedal and races ahead to
> >> merge into the left lane in time to make it into an upcoming left turn
> >> pocket. An oblivious **** would have simply slowed down even more and
> >> merged in behind me; only a MFFY would angrily speed up and cut in in
> >> front of someone else.
> >>
> >> Note that Mr. BMW had no turn signal on; I merely took a clue from his
> >> car's "body language" and (correctly) guessed that he was planning to
> >> block the road as long as he could and then merge in at the last
> >> moment. I took great pleasure in foiling his little scheme.
> >>
> >> These MFFYs really hate it when you beat them at their own game.
> >> --
> >> What the heck, I'll play too.
> >> - Dave

> > Wierd. You blame the guy proceeding quite legally without bothering
> > anyone untll he needs to change lanes, he resolves the problem by a
> > legal maneuver and HE is at fault??
> >
> > The only guy at fault here is the LLBer with a contributing driver
> > (you, by deliberately blocking a legal move).
> >
> > Look in the mirror Scott.
> >
> > Harry K
> >

> "legal",but not advisable,as it shows the guy was not "looking
> ahead,thinking ahead,acting ahead".
> IOW,he was a "last-minute Larry"(LML).
> I wouldn't want the LML BMW merging between me and the LLB,either.It cuts
> down my safety distance.
> Besides,by staying alongside the LLB,the LML was negligent in leaving
> himself another option.(besides contributing to a rolling roadblock.)
>
> --
> Jim Yanik
> jyanik
> at
> kua.net

Granted but the real fault is the LLB to whom Scott gave a clear pass.
As for the LML merging between me and the LLB I resolve that simply by
lifting my foot for a second.

Harry K

Old March 1st 06, 04:52 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

Scott en Aztlán wrote:
> On 28 Feb 2006 18:58:40 -0800, "Harry K" >
> wrote:
>
> >Granted but the real fault is the LLB to whom Scott gave a clear pass.

> It takes two idiots to block this particular road. Yes, the LLB was
> also wrong, but the MFFY who tried to cut in when he could have easily
> sped up and merged in front deserves special derision. These people
> seem to get off on getting in other drivers' way and/or making them
> slow down. This guy could have easily merged in front of the LLB
> without disrupting anybody, but I guess that just wasn't enough fun.

>From your OP that is exactly what he did do, merge in front so, since

that seems to be what you wanted, what's your problem?

> >As for the LML merging between me and the LLB I resolve that simply by
> >lifting my foot for a second.

> IOW, you "just let them do it." Which is, of course, why they continue
> to pull this kind of ****, because they know some Casper Milquetoast
> like you will let them in.
> --
> What the heck, I'll play too.

- Dave

As opposed to a MFFY (you in your own words by blocking him from
merging), I don't have the mistaken belief that I own the space ahead
of my vehicle. I will try to block anyone making any ILLEGAL maneuver
but if they can legally do it, it is no skin off my back side. Now
blocking some MFFY who passes a long line and tries to cut in at a
merge, he'll wait for some one else to let him in.

Harry K

Old March 1st 06, 05:07 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

In article . com>, Harry K wrote:

> As opposed to a MFFY (you in your own words by blocking him from
> merging), I don't have the mistaken belief that I own the space ahead
> of my vehicle.

It is not MFFY to prevent a known obstructing driver who has demonstrated
poor planing from getting in front of you to continue obstructing and
planing poorly.

> I will try to block anyone making any ILLEGAL maneuver
> but if they can legally do it, it is no skin off my back side. Now
> blocking some MFFY who passes a long line and tries to cut in at a
> merge, he'll wait for some one else to let him in.

Same theory. You are not allowing someone who has demonstrated poor driving
behavior to get in front you.

Old March 1st 06, 06:04 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

"Harry K" > wrote in
oups.com:

> Jim Yanik wrote:

>> "legal",but not advisable,as it shows the guy was not "looking
>> ahead,thinking ahead,acting ahead".
>> IOW,he was a "last-minute Larry"(LML).
>> I wouldn't want the LML BMW merging between me and the LLB,either.It
>> cuts down my safety distance.
>> Besides,by staying alongside the LLB,the LML was negligent in leaving
>> himself another option.(besides contributing to a rolling roadblock.)
>>
>> --
>> Jim Yanik
>> jyanik
>> at
>> kua.net

> Granted but the real fault is the LLB to whom Scott gave a clear pass.
> As for the LML merging between me and the LLB I resolve that simply by
> lifting my foot for a second.
>
> Harry K

IOW,you're an ENABLER.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Old March 1st 06, 06:40 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

Harry K wrote:
> Scott en Aztlán wrote:
> > On 28 Feb 2006 08:06:24 -0800, "Harry K" >
> > wrote:
> >
> > >Wierd. You blame the guy proceeding quite legally without bothering
> > >anyone untll he needs to change lanes, he resolves the problem by a
> > >legal maneuver and HE is at fault??

> > May a thousand "legal maneuvers" forever limit your speed to 50% of
> > the posted limit.
> > --
> > What the heck, I'll play too.
> > - Dave

> So blame the guy who is at fault for the problem, the LLB

-----
This is yet another obvious misperceived "problem with traffic" that's
so prevalent here in r.a.d. It's -always- the "other guy'"... and some
are not too particular about the accuracy of their arrows.

Errors on the part of the other guy(s) usually boils down to,
essentially, "... wasn't going as fast as -I- wanted".

Usually accompanied with POV's that, essentially, the writer doesn't
really enjoy driving all that much because so many other driver's
velocities so often conflict with their own... <spittake>... and that
all those -other- guys are so selfish...(?)

It boggles my mind...
-----

- gpsman

Old March 2nd 06, 02:14 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

"gpsman" > wrote in
oups.com:

> Harry K wrote:
>> Scott en Aztlán wrote:

>> > May a thousand "legal maneuvers" forever limit your speed to 50% of
>> > the posted limit.
>> > --
>> > What the heck, I'll play too.
>> > - Dave

>> So blame the guy who is at fault for the problem, the LLB

> -----
> This is yet another obvious misperceived "problem with traffic" that's
> so prevalent here in r.a.d. It's -always- the "other guy'"... and some
> are not too particular about the accuracy of their arrows.
>
> Errors on the part of the other guy(s) usually boils down to,
> essentially, "... wasn't going as fast as -I- wanted".
>
> Usually accompanied with POV's that, essentially, the writer doesn't
> really enjoy driving all that much because so many other driver's
> velocities so often conflict with their own... <spittake>... and that
> all those -other- guys are so selfish...(?)
>
> It boggles my mind...
> -----
>
> - gpsman

The LLB's primary error(blocking the passing lane) was COMPOUNDED by the
LML's tagging alongside (making a rolling roadblock) until the last minute
and then wanting to merge in behind the LLB,when the LML -should- have been
looking ahead and planning ahead,and he could have sped up to merge ahead
of the LB and not inbetween the LLB and it's trailing car.(reducing the
safety margin for the trailing car and making him and everyone behind him
to slow up,reducing highway throughput.)

It's unfortunate that you can't see that in your support for MFFYs and
their enablers.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Old March 2nd 06, 04:22 AM posted to rec.autos.driving

Scott en Aztlán wrote: <brevity snip>
> On 1 Mar 2006 07:52:53 -0800, "Harry K" >
> wrote:

> >From your OP that is exactly what he did do, merge in front so, since
> >that seems to be what you wanted, what's your problem?

> The problem is that he NEEDLESSLY BLOCKED THE PATH OF OTHER DRIVERS
> for miles before finally doing what he should have done in the first
> place.

Needlessly...?! How do you know what his needs are? Perhaps he was a
new driver like that kid whose new asshole you opted not to tear?

> >As opposed to a MFFY (you in your own words by blocking him from
> >merging),

> Standing up to a MFFY does not make me a MFFY any more than standing
> up to a bully makes me a bully. Which is really what this guy is: a
> bully who gets off on "bossing" other cars around and controlling
> their movements to whatever degree that is possible.

Du-uhhh! Can you read? What -you- write, I mean? You condemn the
same behavior you openly and unashamedly claim you exhibit.

> >I will try to block anyone making any ILLEGAL maneuver

Like driving over the speed limit? By "bullying" and "bossing other
cars around" and "controlling their movements"?? You must have
multiple personality issues... to go along with your own, now admitted,
LLB and MFFYpractices...

Welcome to the world you so vehemently scorn... you ****in' lunatic.
-----

- gpsman