Rim & Tire Question

Old March 1st 05, 05:14 AM
joe

Default Rim & Tire Question

Just a quick question.

I've decided to go with 16" rims on my 95 MX-5 with Yokohama Avid H4S
rubber.

Question; will 16" screw up my cornering geometry or will it improve it?
Other than a harsher ride just cruising, any pitfalls here?

Appreciate any input.

Old March 1st 05, 03:29 PM
Lanny Chambers

In article >, "joe" >
wrote:

> Question; will 16" screw up my cornering geometry or will it improve it?

It won't make any geometry difference, as long as the offset is close to
stock.

> Other than a harsher ride just cruising, any pitfalls here?

SInce you're getting cheap tires, I assume you're also getting cheap
wheels. Cheap 16-inchers are bound to be heavy, which will hurt ride,
grip, acceleration, and braking. A lower-profile tire offers less
protection to the wheel from road hazards, so it's easier to bend a rim.

But the differences probably won't be huge. With those tires, you may
not even notice.

--
Lanny Chambers, St. Louis, USA
'94C
Old March 1st 05, 04:14 PM
Christopher Muto

this may also be of interest... it should help you get the right tire size
(which i think is 195/45/16)...
http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html