Help! iRacing resistance breaking down thanks to Week13 fun races

Old April 24th 09, 09:48 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Andrew MacPherson[_2_]

Default Help! iRacing resistance breaking down thanks to Week13 fun races

(PlowBoy) wrote:

> No brainer.
> iRacing wins.

You make valid points, and the changes announced this week make me glad I'm
subscribed for another couple of months. But at the root of my personal battle with
iRacing is that I'm as tight as a duck's backside. :-) I guess I just don't value
the pleasure iRacing gives me enough to part with more (and more and more!) cash in
order to participate in the fun parts of iRacing which I'd enjoy *far* more than
the core parts of iRacing.

If this kind of relaxed racing was a permanent feature I think I'd be happy to part
with the money. But for one week in 13, or the occasional '24 heures du fun' which
I may not be able to race in, the sums don't really add up for a casual racer like
myself.

If only the Skip Barber (and perhaps the new Ford) weren't so satisfying to race in!
Then I could probably wave iRacing goodbye. But it is the only virtually car I own
in any sim now which makes me turn on the games PC down the desk. Nothing else is
doing that at the moment.

So for that, and maybe that alone, I'm very grateful to iRacing and would love to
see them succeed.... albeit in a somewhat different format to now. I suppose, being
rational, that means spending nothing on the gimmicks that will give me short term
enjoyment, and saving that money for another subscription after the good weather is
over.

Andrew McP

Old April 24th 09, 11:39 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
PlowBoy,

Andrew, look in announcements, there was something posted about TDI
series... I shouldn't speculate, but there just might be a VW TDI car or
something in not too distant future. I was watching them on speed I think
for a couple weekends, they look like fun! I dunno.

add that and the ford specs and I dunno not bad... hell I beta'd the dang
rfactor nascar mods part, when there wasn't much there either, early on I
swear so many people think they are entitled to happiness for free, I guess
I was happy that 1/208th of what is around for rfactor now, was all we had
and stuff.

I again remember TV without cable, Am walkie talkies vs cellphones, and a
little bit about 8track stereos. cassettes were so much better but yeah,
CD's in some instances are much better, but it just wasn't out yet and we
were tickled pink back then too!

See you on the track my friend.
Plowboy