GPL FLAGMAN

Old April 19th 09, 02:33 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
APLer

Default GPL FLAGMAN

"jeffareid" > wrote in
:

>> The GEM patch makes it very easy to install GPL and get it up and
>> running with all the updates, and patches. Thanks to all who have
>> devoted all their time and effort towards it.

> I still have the original large box with the fold out front panel, and
> another Sold Out copy as back up.
>
> If I reinstall the game, I now start off with the GPL 2004 demo, then
> copy the track data I saved from the original game. One thing I'd like
> is better sounds for the cars. I have a mild sound that I used to use
> for hot lapping and another I used for replays. In the past I grabbed a
> sound from some old mod to another game (one of the EA F1 games, with
> the mod sound being from a V8 engine).
>
> Any advantage to using the GEM version versus the GPL 2004 demo?

Lots of them. Read a couple FAQs below. I use GEM+, Igor (for playing
online), GPL setup manager, GPL Digital display modifier (puts numbers for
gauges below the screen), and GPL replay analyzer - for seeing where you
weren't optimal on a lap.

http://www.gpllinks.org/

Go nuts. Look about half way down the middle column. There's *everything*
for GPL. Seriously. And it's more stable than what I've seen for any other
simulator or racing game.