FA: Removing Fixed Windows

Old March 10th 05, 09:38 PM
Mel P.

Default FA: Removing Fixed Windows

It's been six years since I took out the rear windows. Even so, I cut the
rubber since I was replacing the seal. What's the easiest way to remove the
windows and still be able to use the seal again?

tia,

--
Mel

77 Revived Bug & 70 Ghia Cabriolet
www.geocities.com/mpernice
PARTS FOR SALE: http://www.geocities.com/njvwclub/vwparts/index.htm

Old March 11th 05, 04:56 PM
TerryB

"Mel P." > wrote in
:

> It's been six years since I took out the rear windows. Even so, I cut
> the rubber since I was replacing the seal. What's the easiest way to
> remove the windows and still be able to use the seal again?
>

> tia,

Queen said it best in their song "Under Pressure".

On a Bug, you can push from the inside with your feet against the window,
have another person outside to catch and guide. Use caution of course
doing this, but the windows will take a lot of abuse before they shatter
into teeny tiny pieces. This will remove the glass and seal at the same
time. I have done it and then reused the seal with no problem. Just make
sure the seal is in good shape before reusing.

--
Terry B
AKA VDUBBS
Old March 11th 05, 05:28 PM
Alan Nelson

With the dirt cheap prices, even on quality window rubber, why would you
want to re-use the old stuff/

--
Alan Nelson
www.boatcop.com