What kind of glue for weather stripping?

Old October 17th 07, 12:08 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Terry

Default What kind of glue for weather stripping?

My niece has a Ford Escape. Her rear door has a trim piece around the
door opening. What is the best kind of glue to use to put this back
on. It doesn't look like it has ever had any on it.

Thank you for your time

Old October 17th 07, 12:15 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Jim Yanik

Terry > wrote in
oups.com:

> My niece has a Ford Escape. Her rear door has a trim piece around the
> door opening. What is the best kind of glue to use to put this back
> on. It doesn't look like it has ever had any on it.
>
> Thank you for your time

you can buy automotive trim adhesive at auto parts stores like Advance
Auto,PepBoys,Autozone.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Old October 17th 07, 12:27 AM posted to rec.autos.driving
Brent P[_1_]

In article .com>, Terry wrote:
> My niece has a Ford Escape. Her rear door has a trim piece around the
> door opening. What is the best kind of glue to use to put this back
> on. It doesn't look like it has ever had any on it.

track that fits over a sheet metal seam? That's a grippy spring type of
thing that eventually can become loose. You can use trim adhesive or just
the black RTV in the track I guess... The RTV advantage is that it will
still allow for easy removal of the seal from the metal. What I do is I
squeeze the seal's 'track' with pliers or my fingers so it grips tighter.
(bending the metal inside the track). This works for awhile. I don't like
putting adhesive where none had been....