Suspended license from another state

Old September 8th 06, 02:47 AM posted to alt.law-enforcement,ga.general,misc.legal,rec.autos.driving
Notebook

Default Suspended license from another state

"Larry" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "=> Vox PopuliŠ" > wrote:
>
>> "Kent Wills" > wrote in message
>> >I have it on good authority that on 7 Sep 2006 08:27:11 -0700, "Terry"
>> >
>> > [...]
>> >
>> > Have a different officer run her license. If the information
>> > comes back the same, then it's Georgia that made the mistake.

>> You ****ing idiot.
>>
>> The ONLY definitive way to confirm her Georgia DMV status
>> is to contact the Georgia DMV directly, moron.
>>
>> What the **** is your mental malfunction?

> What is yours, dumbass? The OP asked how to determine if it was a DMV
> error or an error on the part of the police officer.
>
> Kent's answer of having another officer run a check will go a long way
> to resolving the question. If the PO gets different results, either its
> fixed or the first officer made a mistake. If the PO gets the same
> results, the error is at the DMV level.
>
> What is your mental malfunction?

What makes you assume there is any error?

If Georgia DMV says she is clear to drive then that is the reality, no
error.

Old September 8th 06, 03:11 AM posted to alt.law-enforcement,ga.general,misc.legal,rec.autos.driving
Terry

Notebook wrote:
> "Larry" > wrote in message
> > In article >,

> >> You ****ing idiot.
> >>
> >> The ONLY definitive way to confirm her Georgia DMV status
> >> is to contact the Georgia DMV directly, moron.
> >>
> >> What the **** is your mental malfunction?

> > What is yours, dumbass? The OP asked how to determine if it was a DMV
> > error or an error on the part of the police officer.
> >
> > Kent's answer of having another officer run a check will go a long way
> > to resolving the question. If the PO gets different results, either its
> > fixed or the first officer made a mistake. If the PO gets the same
> > results, the error is at the DMV level.
> >
> > What is your mental malfunction?

> What makes you assume there is any error?
>
> If Georgia DMV says she is clear to drive then that is the reality, no
> error.

My sister said that a police ran her license. I believe her when she
says that. She didn't ask the DMV.

That doesn't change the fact that she has a letter from the State of Ga
stating that she has to complete a defencive driving course and send in
200$

I don't think she can just ignore the letter. I am afraid that if she
calls the DMV (who we assume has made the mistake) and draws attention
to the error by asking, it could trigger action. The DMV might want
their 200$ and might then inform Alabama about her tickets.

She could have to pay twice for her tickets. This would also cause my
sisters insurance to go up.

One other explanation could be that because Ga only has the authority
to suspend her privileges that the defensive driving and the
reinstatement fee is only for Ga drivers.

I am just afraid of directly asking the DMV.

Old September 8th 06, 03:16 AM posted to alt.law-enforcement,ga.general,misc.legal,rec.autos.driving
Larry[_2_]

In article >,
"Notebook" > wrote:

> "Larry" > wrote in message
> > In article >,

> >> You ****ing idiot.
> >>
> >> The ONLY definitive way to confirm her Georgia DMV status
> >> is to contact the Georgia DMV directly, moron.
> >>
> >> What the **** is your mental malfunction?

> > What is yours, dumbass? The OP asked how to determine if it was a DMV
> > error or an error on the part of the police officer.
> >
> > Kent's answer of having another officer run a check will go a long way
> > to resolving the question. If the PO gets different results, either its
> > fixed or the first officer made a mistake. If the PO gets the same
> > results, the error is at the DMV level.
> >
> > What is your mental malfunction?

> What makes you assume there is any error?

You're right, I misspoke. I meant to say that a different PO getting
different results would indicate the first PO made an error, while a
second PO getting the same results would indicate the information was
recorded that way at the DMV.

Old September 8th 06, 03:24 AM posted to alt.law-enforcement,ga.general,misc.legal,rec.autos.driving
Notebook

"Terry" > wrote in message
oups.com...

Notebook wrote:
> "Larry" > wrote in message
> > In article >,

> >> You ****ing idiot.
> >>
> >> The ONLY definitive way to confirm her Georgia DMV status
> >> is to contact the Georgia DMV directly, moron.
> >>
> >> What the **** is your mental malfunction?

> > What is yours, dumbass? The OP asked how to determine if it was a DMV
> > error or an error on the part of the police officer.
> >
> > Kent's answer of having another officer run a check will go a long way
> > to resolving the question. If the PO gets different results, either its
> > fixed or the first officer made a mistake. If the PO gets the same
> > results, the error is at the DMV level.
> >
> > What is your mental malfunction?

> What makes you assume there is any error?
>
> If Georgia DMV says she is clear to drive then that is the reality, no
> error.

My sister said that a police ran her license. I believe her when she
says that. She didn't ask the DMV.

Why didn't she ask the DMV?

They are the agency that matters, not some 3rd party inquisitor.

The answer lies directly with the Gerogia DMV, not what some Barney Fife
in another State claims the computer tells him.

I am just afraid of directly asking the DMV.
///////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Why? Afraid of finding out the reality? Rather play stupid
games with non-authoritive parties?

Stop being an ignoramus, contact the Georgia DMV directly.

Old September 8th 06, 03:26 AM posted to alt.law-enforcement,ga.general,misc.legal,rec.autos.driving
Notebook

"Larry" > wrote in message
> "Notebook" > wrote:

>> > What is yours, dumbass? The OP asked how to determine if it was a DMV
>> > error or an error on the part of the police officer.
>> >
>> > Kent's answer of having another officer run a check will go a long way
>> > to resolving the question. If the PO gets different results, either
>> > its
>> > fixed or the first officer made a mistake. If the PO gets the same
>> > results, the error is at the DMV level.
>> >
>> > What is your mental malfunction?

>> What makes you assume there is any error?

> You're right, I misspoke.

Of course you did, you're Larry, known infamously as "the legal imbecile".

Vox was right about you.

Old September 8th 06, 03:28 AM posted to alt.law-enforcement,ga.general,misc.legal,rec.autos.driving
Terry

Larry wrote:
> In article >,
> "Notebook" > wrote:
>
> > "Larry" > wrote in message

> > > What is yours, dumbass? The OP asked how to determine if it was a DMV
> > > error or an error on the part of the police officer.
> > >
> > > Kent's answer of having another officer run a check will go a long way
> > > to resolving the question. If the PO gets different results, either its
> > > fixed or the first officer made a mistake. If the PO gets the same
> > > results, the error is at the DMV level.
> > >
> > > What is your mental malfunction?

> > What makes you assume there is any error?

> You're right, I misspoke. I meant to say that a different PO getting
> different results would indicate the first PO made an error, while a
> second PO getting the same results would indicate the information was
> recorded that way at the DMV.
> >
> > If Georgia DMV says she is clear to drive then that is the reality, no
> > error.

I will suggest this to my sister. I don't think the DMV would even
talk to me about it.

Thanks

Old September 8th 06, 03:31 AM posted to alt.law-enforcement,ga.general,misc.legal,rec.autos.driving
Terry

Notebook wrote:
> "Larry" > wrote in message

> >> What makes you assume there is any error?

> > You're right, I misspoke.

> Of course you did, you're Larry, known infamously as "the legal imbecile".
>
> Vox was right about you.

Oh no! Vox has a sock puppet.

Old September 8th 06, 03:32 AM posted to alt.law-enforcement,ga.general,misc.legal,rec.autos.driving
Larry[_2_]

In article >,
"Notebook" > wrote:

> "Larry" > wrote in message

> >> What makes you assume there is any error?

> > You're right, I misspoke.

> Of course you did, you're Larry, known infamously as "the legal imbecile".
>
> Vox was right about you.

Oh, please. Because I said "the error" is at the DMV level instead of
"the entry" is at the DMV level?

If you want to disregard what I write because of that, feel free to
killfile me. But unlike vox, at least I admit when I misspeak.
Old September 9th 06, 09:51 AM posted to alt.law-enforcement,ga.general,misc.legal,rec.autos.driving
Notebook

"Scott en Aztlán" > wrote in message
> "Notebook" > said in rec.autos.driving:
>
>>Why didn't she ask the DMV?
>>
>>They are the agency that matters, not some 3rd party inquisitor.

> Presumably if she gets pulled over in GA and a cop runs an inquiry on
> her license he will get the same results, so there is some validity to
> the approach.

There's NO validity to asking a cop to run the license you moron.
The computer databases are always full of errors, both errors of inclusion
and errors of omission.

The ONLY definitive method to determine her Georgia DMV status
is to contact the -- yep, you guessed it -- Georgia DMV directly.

Old September 9th 06, 06:23 PM posted to alt.law-enforcement,ga.general,misc.legal,rec.autos.driving
Larry[_2_]

Default Larry Eats his Own Foot once Again -- Suspended license from another state

In article >,
"=> Vox PopuliŠ" > wrote:

> "Larry" > wrote in message

> >> Of course you did, you're Larry, known infamously as "the legal imbecile".
> >>
> >> Vox was right about you.

> > Oh, please. Because I said "the error" is at the DMV level instead of
> > "the entry" is at the DMV level?

> Got caught with your foot in your mouth again, eh Larry?

No, not at all.

Your foot hasn't been out of your mouth since you've been an infant.
When was the last time you made a constructive, substantive comment in a
thread, voxy?