Jumping cars while crashing in simulator

Old April 9th 09, 10:54 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Ruud van Gaal

Default Jumping cars while crashing in simulator

Hi all,

One of the problems my simulator software (racer.nl) has, is that once a
car gets sideways, all kinds of weird flying about starts happening when
you tip the car.
The reason lies somewhat in slipangles/ratios, camber and such not
meaning too much once you really start rolling the car.

Thinks I'm thinking about is: how to detect when the car is not doing a
normal operation (such as driving 300km/h head-on onto a kerb ;-) ) and
what type of physics to assume when that is so.

I've already been thinking about the way I implement blocked wheels; at
negative slip ratio's (near blocking wheels), I interpolate the tire
force direction towards the negative *car* velocity, to simulate the
behavior that a tire in that case is just a block of rubber.

Any ideas would be welcome to get things clear in my head.

Thanks,
Ruud

Now idiot snowmobilers are crashing into and killing each other Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS[_1_] Driving 18 January 6th 09 11:20 AM
Crashing issues with online racing? John Doe Simulators 4 September 4th 08 10:19 AM
BMW simulator TombayTheMist Simulators 0 September 6th 07 10:33 AM
Codemasters V8 Supercars 2 crashing [email protected] Simulators 1 January 21st 05 02:37 AM
NR2003 crashing when changing player car Dan Solo Simulators 3 November 23rd 04 09:06 PM