removing the dash of 2001 dodge neon

Old October 13th 05, 04:26 AM

Default removing the dash of 2001 dodge neon

can anyone help me with this? i want to remove the top part of my dash
but i can't figure out what is holding it down. i got the screws on the
driver and passanger sides and when i lift up on it, something behind
the gauges is holding it from coming off. if anyone knows how to remove
it, and could tell me, i would greatly appreciate it. i've repainted
most of my dash, and this last part i would really like to paint but,
lol, i just can't figure it out!
thanks again,

dan

Old October 13th 05, 03:51 PM
David

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> can anyone help me with this? i want to remove the top part of my dash
> but i can't figure out what is holding it down. i got the screws on the
> driver and passanger sides and when i lift up on it, something behind
> the gauges is holding it from coming off. if anyone knows how to remove
> it, and could tell me, i would greatly appreciate it. i've repainted
> most of my dash, and this last part i would really like to paint but,
> lol, i just can't figure it out!
> thanks again,
>
> dan

It might be the same as my Sebring. Make sure all the visible screws are
removed. Take out the center panel were the radio and heater are to make
sure. and also the left by the fuse panel cover, remove the cover and check
for some screws. and you should pull it towards you to have the clips
disengage.