WHATS YOU BEST MOD!

Old May 29th 05, 02:30 PM
Jon

tater wrote:
> Has to be the steering lock bypass on my 2000 6-speed.
> Seems with the recall Chevrolet just reprogrammed the computer so the car
> wont run if the steering is locked.
> (In other words they did not fix a darn thing with the lock motor sticking
> they just covered there own A. . for liability reasons)
> Now I am not bitter but they should have added the bypass for the manuals
> like they did for the automatics.
> Mike:-)

That is a necessity- cheap and simple too. I installed it the first
month I had my car along with the device that eliminates the 1st to 4th
skip shift. (CAGS)

Old June 1st 05, 08:11 PM
JOEVET

I'm with you Ric. I love the different look the zr1 rims and new tires
gave my '86. A new attitude. Easiest and cheapest : taking the maf screen
out.
.. .

http://www.pcola.gulf.net/~ricseyler

Old June 1st 05, 08:21 PM
CardsFan

"TF" > wrote in message ...
> On what year/model/engine?
> TF
>
> "Dave in Lake Villa" > wrote in message
>> Going from stock to : Edelbrock Oval Port Alum Heads, with Edelbrock
>> Dual Plane Air Gap Intake , with SpeedDemon 750 double pumper carb.,
>> big roller cam , and 'X' crossover exhaust pipe.... Has to be close to

I agree with another poster. Defeating the 1-4 skip-shift "feature."

AJM
'93 Ruby coupe, 6 sp

Old June 2nd 05, 03:15 PM
Tom in Missouri

I hate to be the Devil's Advocate here, but what does the insurance
companies do if your car is stolen and one of the anti-theft devices has
been removed?

Especially since the steering lock is probably the primary anti-theft
device.

Old June 2nd 05, 03:44 PM
JOEVET

who says you have to tell them