Stolen parts

Old August 19th 06, 10:57 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
VWFilms

Default Stolen parts

Went to the storage unit housing my '74 SB and its donor car and
discovered someone had cut the padlock... upon entry I found that they
took the parts I had powder-coated blue!

Stolen from storage unit in Amarillo TX sometime between 08/05/2006 and
08/19/2006...

4 Hubcap, embossed with circular VW logo; fits all Volkswagen models
'68-'79; powder-coated, blue
1 Hood handle; fits Volkswagen beetle & convertible '68-'79; p/n
113-823-565; powder-coated, blue
1 Engine door lock; fits Volkswagen beetle & convertible '72-'79; p/n
113-827-503; powder-coated, blue
1 Mirror, ext. left door; fits Volkswagen beetle '71-'79; p/n
111-306-153; powder-coated, blue
2 Headlamp rim; fits Volkswagen beetle, transporter & convertible
'67-'79; p/n 311-941-177; powder-coated, blue
1 Turn signal assy, left; fits Volkswagen beetle & convertible '70-'79;
p/n 113-953-041; powder-coated, blue
1 Turn signal assy, right; fits Volkswagen beetle & convertible
'70-'79; p/n 113-953-042; powder-coated, blue
1 License light housing; fits Volkswagen beetle & convertible '67-'79;
p/n 111-943-023; powder-coated, blue
2 Tail light assy; fits Volkswagen beetle, convertible & Thing '73-'79;
p/n 135-945-097; powder-coated, blue
2 Headlight eyebrow; aftermarket; powder-coated, blue

They left the bumpers and I had the door handles at the house.

Not that I expect these to turn up, but if you see any blue
powder-coated exterior parts turn up... please let me know.

Jim / http://vwfilms.net

Old August 20th 06, 12:32 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Randall Post

VWFilms wrote:

> Went to the storage unit housing my '74 SB and its donor car and
> discovered someone had cut the padlock... upon entry I found that they
> took the parts I had powder-coated blue!

<snipped>

> Jim / http://vwfilms.net

That could have happened to me. Does the storage company cover your loss?

Randall
Old August 20th 06, 01:45 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
One out of many Daves

sorry for your loss Jim.............thieves need to be put in bars or vice
versa!

dark blue or light blue?

were any other storage units broken into?
do you need to open up a locked gate to get into the facility?
don't they have security cameras set up to video tape the units? does this
facility have proper protection?

when I rented storage units I needed/wanted to purchase extra insurance.

I will keep my eyes open here. ;-)
--
later,
dave

ups.com...

Old August 20th 06, 03:12 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
VWFilms

Randall wrote:
>That could have happened to me. Does the storage company cover your loss?

Unfortunately, no. As they have no way of verifying what is stored in
the unit ("Yeah, they stole $1.2 million in gold buillion and a rubber
duckie."), they have no liability.

One out of many Daves wrote:
> dark blue or light blue?

Kinda in-between... think Dallas Cowboys silver-and-blue.

> were any other storage units broken into?

I made a walkaround of the property... three other units were missing
locks. I opened doors and saw they had property inside... notified
property owner of such.

> do you need to open up a locked gate to get into the facility?
> don't they have security cameras set up to video tape the units? does this
> facility have proper protection?

No, it's an older property with no security fence. The sign says,
"Smile... you're on camera!" but I can't see any sign of visual
acquisition devices.

Thanks, guys!
Jim - http://vwfilms.net

Old August 20th 06, 02:23 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Randy

VWFilms wrote:
> Randall wrote:
> >That could have happened to me. Does the storage company cover your loss?

> Unfortunately, no. As they have no way of verifying what is stored in
> the unit ("Yeah, they stole $1.2 million in gold buillion and a rubber
> duckie."), they have no liability.
>
> One out of many Daves wrote:
> > dark blue or light blue?

> Kinda in-between... think Dallas Cowboys silver-and-blue.
>
> > were any other storage units broken into?

> I made a walkaround of the property... three other units were missing
> locks. I opened doors and saw they had property inside... notified
> property owner of such.
>
> > do you need to open up a locked gate to get into the facility?
> > don't they have security cameras set up to video tape the units? does this
> > facility have proper protection?

> No, it's an older property with no security fence. The sign says,
> "Smile... you're on camera!" but I can't see any sign of visual
> acquisition devices.
>
> Thanks, guys!
> Jim - http://vwfilms.net

Have you got homeowners or renters insurance ? Lots of times they
also cover things you have in storage.

Randy

Old August 21st 06, 12:55 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
Bill Berckman

VWFilms wrote:

No, it's an older property with no security fence. The sign says,
"Smile... you're on camera!" but I can't see any sign of visual
acquisition devices.

I know of one of those self service car washes that the same sign
plastered all over. The owner was a friend of a friend and he told me
that all of the cameras were fake. They looked real so you never
really know. When was just out of school, I managed a King Kwik
Convenience Store. They had these signs that said proctected by
Dictograph Security System. Most of those cameras were fake. You
would have thought that they would have invested a little money in
actual real cameras. They did have one odd one that was actually a
poloroid camera. You pulled a $2 bill from under a money clip in the
cash register and it started shooting.

Performance Auto Parts at Mach Performance Parts Inc. [email protected] Ford Mustang 0 July 19th 06 11:40 AM
AWA [DEMAND] Inquiring BMW Genuine Parts [email protected] General 0 May 4th 06 11:52 AM
AWA [DEMAND] Inquiring Mercedes-benz Genuine Parts [email protected] General 0 May 4th 06 11:51 AM
Repair Fraud? basva Technology 65 October 9th 05 11:26 PM
F.S. RUST FREE 80's BLAZER,PICKUP PARTS, in NH, ME (Military) MilitaryTruckParts 4x4 2 March 27th 04 06:49 PM