Is there something to this?

Old February 24th 05, 03:41 AM
Sting32

Default Is there something to this?

link to OLR forum, to follow..
http://www.onlineracin.com/forum/tm.asp?m=40869

Mr Nobody, did a dang fine post... here is a copy of the text, but you
should check out the link too...

Well, I got really curious after I started to get mad about the "ALL NEW
GAME ENGINE" claim that EA specifically emulsed on the contents packaging.
So I decided to find out if in fact it really was an "all new game engine."
I downloaded a reader to take a peek at the EA pm suspension file. I took
the mercy of not including the entire thing, but I think after ya'll notice
exactly what it says... well, you'll get the picture. EA wasn't even smart
enough to change the dates and actually this is on the verge of consumer
fraud.

Enjoy the buggy Thunder 03 "game" guys. I'll enjoy using both CDs for new
coasters. At least it's "all new" in that regard.
zx11

Nascar Thunder 2004 Suspension File - Developed By Doug Arnao 05-21-03
// Revised 5/21-03 A-Arm placement to reflect a more relaistic in-garage
static camber setting
// Revised 5/22/03 Shortened Torque Tube length to 60 inches (was 100")
// Revised 6/06/03 Incresed length of steering arm
// Roll center height = 3.14" with lower arm parallel to the ground
// There is -0.96 degree camber GAIN per 1" of bump travel
// Roll center moves linearly (more or less) with bump travel - IE if the
chassis moves down 1 inch the RC moves down 1 inch
// With roll, the RC height doesn't move up or down any appreciable amount
(1/8" max over 2 deg roll)
// With roll, the RC moves to the left (while turning left) .43" (11mm) per
degree of roll
// For every degree of roll we LOSE +.64 deg of camber on the loaded side
and GAIN -.69 on the unloaded side

Old February 24th 05, 04:35 AM
JTS

Sting32 wrote:
> link to OLR forum, to follow..
> http://www.onlineracin.com/forum/tm.asp?m=40869
>
> Mr Nobody, did a dang fine post... here is a copy of the text, but you
> should check out the link too...

I can't find this text in the link you provided. Whats an Mr Nobody?

Old February 24th 05, 04:58 AM
Darus

In this thread "**Great Read**The Unrealistic Rear Differential in NSR
Explained" and Mr. Nobody is the author.

Old February 24th 05, 05:19 AM
Sting32

I pasted the 1st time he pointed this out, half way though this post, there
is a picture (snapshot of his desktop with Wordpad with a file open...)
picture are worth 100's of words (from my keyboard anywho)
then the text was from this link...

http://www.onlineracin.com/forum/tm.asp?m=41811

hope that clears it up a bit for ya JTS

oups.com...

Old February 24th 05, 06:41 AM
William Bradshaw

Sting32 wrote:
> I pasted the 1st time he pointed this out, half way though this post, there
> is a picture (snapshot of his desktop with Wordpad with a file open...)
> picture are worth 100's of words (from my keyboard anywho)
> then the text was from this link...
>
> http://www.onlineracin.com/forum/tm.asp?m=41811
>
> hope that clears it up a bit for ya JTS
>
> "Darus" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
>
>>In this thread "**Great Read**The Unrealistic Rear Differential in NSR
>>Explained" and Mr. Nobody is the author.

I'll confirm his post, too. I just reinstalled NT2004 (to broke to buy
NSR right now) last night, and from the file comments I seen....it is
/the/ same exact file.

-Will
Old February 24th 05, 12:40 PM
Schooner

Check the text in your NSR full or Demo version. It is all right there, I
posted this as well last week here.

Old February 24th 05, 02:53 PM
Steve Blankenship

"Schooner" > wrote in message
> Check the text in your NSR full or Demo version. It is all right there, I
> posted this as well last week here.

It's no big deal that the suspension file is the same, since it's not like
Cup cars have undergone a big redesign since then. Doug certainly knows
what he's doing, and if it was right then it's fine to keep that file the
same. No value in reinventing the wheel (or rather the suspension it
connects to).

Some of the other files, though, DO make you scratch your head...

SB

Old February 24th 05, 03:00 PM
Schooner

I agree there is no value in reinventing the heel, but I think the point is
this was made out to be "all new" not "partly new with some old code that we
had kicking around mixed in". They seem to be pushing it being all new as
they know many had issues with previous titles.

Old February 24th 05, 04:22 PM
JP

"Schooner" > wrote in message
> I agree there is no value in reinventing the heel, but I think the point

is
> this was made out to be "all new" not "partly new with some old code that

we
> had kicking around mixed in". They seem to be pushing it being all new as
> they know many had issues with previous titles.

Kind of, no, actually, exactly, like when N3 was released

Old February 24th 05, 04:31 PM
Schooner

Not arguing that papy did the same thing, again just stating that EA is
promoting this as all new and it is not is all.
Couldn't care less who makes the next great sim but this certainly isn't it
from all I have read to date.