Current equivalent to CRX HF or Civic VX

Old January 4th 08, 06:24 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
[email protected]

Default Current equivalent to CRX HF or Civic VX

Has Honda made a manual Civic after 1995 that gets as good gas mileage
as a 88-91 CRX HF or 92-95 Civic VX without having to get a hybrid?
Old January 4th 08, 06:34 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Elle

Your best bet for good mileage with a non-hybrid Honda today
is the Honda Fit.

The fuel efficient CRX and the Fit's engines are both 1.5L.
It's the tiny engine size that gives the great fuel
efficiency.

See Edmunds.com for specifics of vehicles like fuel mileage
and engine size.

Old January 4th 08, 08:21 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
[email protected]

I guess it's the closest they have. The CRX HF and Civic VX got
something like 50 mpg highway / 40 city, and the Fit gets something
like 38 mpg highway / 33 city. I'm guessing the Fit is heavier even
though it has the same engine.

Old January 4th 08, 08:31 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Elle

I forgot about the HF. Below I was referring to the 1.5L CRX
(vice the 1.6L CRX that is also available).

I bet you're right about the weights.

Old January 4th 08, 09:48 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Grumpy AuContraire

Actually, the highest rated CRX models were the 1985-87 1300
displacement models which were the successor vehicles to my '83 Civic FE.

Currently, the FE is getting 42+ mph in mixed driving and it has a less
efficient '81 block but the FE accessories.

I hope to rebuild the original 1300 FE block in the next year and will
install it when the current gives me a problem.

I have no intention of ever getting rid of this car!

JT

(Who filled up today with $2.99 gas but it only took 5.5 gal...)

Old January 5th 08, 03:53 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Steve Pankow

My '91 is still going strong. Only 130K and still on the original
clutch. Barely.

Old January 9th 08, 05:48 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
[email protected]

I've been looking into the Civic HX as well. I like those, but why
did they stop making the Civic HXs starting in 2006? Is it because
they have the Hybrid now and want to gouge people to get good mileage
that used to be available without the extra cost?

The hybrid is a good idea but Honda should give people the option of
the HX to still get over 40 mpg highway without having to pay for all
the extra costs that the hybrid involves.