2001 Civic Dashboard lights - How to Replace?

Old December 28th 07, 07:31 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Greg[_17_]

Default 2001 Civic Dashboard lights - How to Replace?

2 of the lights behind the speedo and tach are burned out. How do I get at
them to replace?

I removed the 2 screws that go up into the black trim piece around the
instrument panel, but I cannot remove the trim piece. This looks like the
way in.

Am I on the right path? What am I missing?

If not, please tell me how to replace the bulbs.

And PLEASE, PLEASE PLEASE do not tell me to check/replace the fuse. Not all
of the lights are out, only 2! If I had a nickel for every numbskull that
told me to replace the fuse, I'd buy a new Civic!

Thanks
Greg

Old December 29th 07, 06:57 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
motsco_[_1_]

Greg wrote:
> 2 of the lights behind the speedo and tach are burned out. How do I get at
> them to replace?
>
> I removed the 2 screws that go up into the black trim piece around the
> instrument panel, but I cannot remove the trim piece. This looks like the
> way in.
>
> Am I on the right path? What am I missing?
>
> If not, please tell me how to replace the bulbs.
>
> And PLEASE, PLEASE PLEASE do not tell me to check/replace the fuse. Not all
> of the lights are out, only 2! If I had a nickel for every numbskull that
> told me to replace the fuse, I'd buy a new Civic!
>

> Thanks
> Greg

------------------------------

Parts diagrams are at www.slhondaparts.com and they show all the
connectors / clips that hold your dash in (and the bulbs).

Disconnect the battery first. !

'Curly'
Old December 29th 07, 06:18 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Greg[_17_]

Thanks but no.
The link you sent me to lists all the parts but the diagrams do not
correspond to the parts list.

For example; select "Front Seat (L)" an you get what seems to be the right
parts list, but when you click to see the diagram you get the diagram of the
mirrors and their assembly. Click on "Instrument Panel? and you get
something that looks like hydraulic lines. not sure what it is!
I went through all 20+ and did not find anything that looked like an
instrument panel, but some said not diagram was a available.

Thanks anyway,
Greg

Old December 29th 07, 06:33 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
jim beam

Greg wrote:
> Thanks but no.
> The link you sent me to lists all the parts but the diagrams do not
> correspond to the parts list.
>
> For example; select "Front Seat (L)" an you get what seems to be the right
> parts list, but when you click to see the diagram you get the diagram of the
> mirrors and their assembly. Click on "Instrument Panel? and you get
> something that looks like hydraulic lines. not sure what it is!
> I went through all 20+ and did not find anything that looked like an
> instrument panel, but some said not diagram was a available.

there are some mistakes in some catalog pages for some honda parts, but
in principle, motsco is correct in his advice. just try different sites
as errors tend to be different in different sites. go to tegger.com for
a list.

of course, /you/ could splash out the money to find out the facts for
real at helminc.com - then you get to complain about something you paid
for rather than good advice that you didn't, but i'm not sure that would
satisfy you somehow.

> Thanks anyway,
> Greg
>

> "motsco_" > wrote in message
>> Greg wrote:
>>> 2 of the lights behind the speedo and tach are burned out. How do I get
>>> at them to replace?
>>>
>>> I removed the 2 screws that go up into the black trim piece around the
>>> instrument panel, but I cannot remove the trim piece. This looks like
>>> the way in.
>>>
>>> Am I on the right path? What am I missing?
>>>
>>> If not, please tell me how to replace the bulbs.
>>>
>>> And PLEASE, PLEASE PLEASE do not tell me to check/replace the fuse. Not
>>> all of the lights are out, only 2! If I had a nickel for every numbskull
>>> that told me to replace the fuse, I'd buy a new Civic!
>>>

>>> Thanks
>>> Greg

Old January 3rd 08, 02:32 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
Greg[_17_]

Thanks for the response.
I though I was being reasonably polite while pointing out that the well
intended advice I got was not providing the help I need.

From your response, it seems you thought I was unappreciative. That was not
my intent.

Still trying to replace the bulbs...........
Greg

news