Stupid Americans! -- Stupid... Stupid... STUPID!!! ___________mixqec

Old November 17th 04, 04:23 PM
Dori A Schmetterling

Have we established what car you drive, Linda?

;-)
DAS
---

"linda" > wrote in message
[...]
> I may have a victim mentality as you say....i do know that i tend to
> protect those that i think are being attacked, or abused.... maybe not as
> good as you could.. but i am doing the best i can, and at least i am
> trying...

[...]

Old November 17th 04, 04:23 PM
Dori A Schmetterling

Have we established what car you drive, Linda?

;-)
DAS
---

"linda" > wrote in message
[...]
> I may have a victim mentality as you say....i do know that i tend to
> protect those that i think are being attacked, or abused.... maybe not as
> good as you could.. but i am doing the best i can, and at least i am
> trying...

[...]

Old November 17th 04, 04:30 PM
linda

Big Bill wrote:
> On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 19:27:23 GMT, linda >
> wrote:
>

>>>Where are you getting this? You* do* realize that, despite the
>>>descrimination against them, gays are productive members of society,
>>>don't you?
>>>No where am I saying that white males aren't doing anything. I'm
>>>saying they are being discriminated against.
>>>
>>>Bill Funk
>>>Change "g" to "a"

>>Bill, being a white female from the south, that argument won't fly with
>>me... i would have to disagree just based on my experience.. nothing
>>scientific... just my own personal experience...
>>

>>Gays are and have always been productive members of society. to name a few:

> I think you didn't quite understand what I wrote:
> "You* do* realize that, despite the descrimination against them, gays
> are productive members of society, don't you?"

please read preious posting... regarding the same subject.. i was
agreeing with you and citing documentation which seems to be necessary
for stating any opinion on the NG...

lw
Old November 17th 04, 04:30 PM
linda

Old November 17th 04, 04:31 PM
Big Bill

--
Bill Funk
Change "g" to "a"
Old November 17th 04, 04:31 PM
Big Bill

Old November 17th 04, 09:19 PM
linda

Geoff wrote:

> Daniel J. Stern wrote:
>

>>Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 15:46:55 -0500
>>From: Daniel J. Stern >
>>Newsgroups: rec.autos.makers.chrysler, rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer,
>> rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang, rec.autos.makers.honda
>>Subject: Stupid Americans! -- Stupid... Stupid... STUPID!!!
>> ___________ mixqec
>>
>>On Tue, 16 Nov 2004, linda wrote:
>>

>>>Bill, being a white female from the south, that argument won't fly with
>>>me... i would have to disagree just based on my experience.. nothing
>>>scientific... just my own personal experience... Gays are and have
>>>always been productive members of society. to name a few:
>>>
>>>Leonardo da Vinci (artist, inventor)
>>>Samuel Barber (composer)
>>>Gian Carlo Menotti (composer)
>>>Raymond Burr (actor, philanthropist) (NO!!!! Not Perry Mason!!!! i

>>Try John Wayne (Yep, John Wayne) for shock value.
>>

>>>Pope Benedict IX - (1020 - 1055) Roman Catholic Pope
>>>Pope John XII - (937 - 964) Roman Catholic Pope
>>>Pope Julius III - (1487 - 1555) Roman Catholic Pope
>>>Pope Leo X - (1475 - 1521) Roman Catholic Pope
>>>Pope Paul II - (1417 - 1471) Roman Catholic Pope
>>>Pope Sixtus IV - (1414 - 1484) Roman Catholic Pope

>>These are interesting, got a cite?
>>

> How about YOU supply a cite for the John Wayne assertion? NOWHERE
> can I find ANY reference to his being other than heterosexual, and
> none of the readily-available Internet biographies, official or non-official,
> make any such claim.
>
> What I can find is that he was married three times, and had seven
> children, was a strident anti-communist, an ardent supporter of the U.S.
> forces in Vietnam, and in general lived the larger-than-life image
> frequently associated with him. None of these things preclude him from
> possibly being bisexual, I suppose. But if you can't produce
> incontrovertable evidence, I will be forced to conclude this is either
> a.) a smear job, b.) a delusion, or c.) a misunderstanding.
>
> John Wayne Gacy is widely reputed to be gay, perhaps that is the source of your
> confusion.
>
> --Geoff

Geoff, i can here you saying this: "if anyone says The Duke was gay,
I'll beat the snot out of you. Same with Errol Flynn. They were Men's
Men, and yer a Commie Pinko if you think otherwise. "

however, i do recall reading a book about the biography of hollywood
that the duke had bisexual relations with some of the "men's men". and
if i could get in to my attic to find it, i would mail it to you..
however, you are right, i cannot find anything on the internet that
supports my claim.. but i just thought it was so cute that of all the
people listed as gay, you came to The Duke's defense... how sweet..
protect our image of the man who people regard as "our national
treasure"... shame he couldn't really serve our country, he would have
ended WWII in half the time...until the director said "cut"....

linda

:-)
Old November 17th 04, 09:19 PM
linda

Old November 17th 04, 09:54 PM
Bob Shuman

Linda,

What you "heard" Geoff say in his post reveals more about you than Geoff. I
say this since I personally took his posting as simply calling on you to
back up your statement. From his note, it appears that he has done the
pre-requisite diligence (web/library search) and attempted to validate your
statement, but was unable to find anything that confirmed what you stated.
I thought that he simply asked you to cite your source for the statement. I
guess what I am trying to say is that I personally did not read the same
"prejudice" into his request as you. But then again, I don't know Geoff
personally and don't know his views on homo/hetero sexuality so I gave him
the benefit of the doubt.

By the way, I personally don't care one way or the other if John Wayne was
gay or not. The point of contention here is that you positioned a statement
as a fact, but have not been able to prove it to be true. As such, until
you can prove otherwise it is simply one person's opinion. I don't believe
that Geoff deserved your pointed response and suggest that you learn to
refrain from responding to every email with which you don't agree. (Your
"argument gene" you cited previously is going to get you into a whole lot of
trouble - if it has not already - and as you grow wiser you come to learn
that not every battle is worth fighting!)

Bob

That said, I think it would be best to move this discussion to a suitable
forum and leave the auto newsgroups for their intended purpose. Since you
are a self-proclaimed Internet novice, consider yourself advised against
cross-posting to so many newsgroups at the same time. This practice is very
much frowned upon and in direct conflict with most newsgroup charters.

Old November 17th 04, 09:54 PM
Bob Shuman