What month do Honda / Acura navigation DVD's get updated?

Old July 31st 06, 04:41 PM posted to alt.satellite.gps,alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.acura
[email protected]

Default What month do Honda / Acura navigation DVD's get updated?

I have a 2005 Honda Navigation DVD (orange v3.4, I think) in the
factory system in my 2005 Accord.

I am looking for updated road maps, and tested in a dealership that the
2006 DVD has some major highway revisions in my area (Boston), but not
all of them.

I am debating on whether to wait for 2007 or not, in hopes of getting
most of the major highway revisions (construction was mostly completed
by early 2006). Does anyone know approximately what month the update
comes out? Also, how long does it take to filter to new dealership
cars, so I can test out the maps?

-MVL

Old July 31st 06, 05:11 PM posted to alt.satellite.gps,alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.acura
Mike Iglesias[_1_]

In article om>,
> wrote:
>I have a 2005 Honda Navigation DVD (orange v3.4, I think) in the
>factory system in my 2005 Accord.
>
>I am looking for updated road maps, and tested in a dealership that the
>2006 DVD has some major highway revisions in my area (Boston), but not
>all of them.
>
>I am debating on whether to wait for 2007 or not, in hopes of getting
>most of the major highway revisions (construction was mostly completed
>by early 2006). Does anyone know approximately what month the update
>comes out? Also, how long does it take to filter to new dealership
>cars, so I can test out the maps?

Updates come out in the fall with the new cars (at least with the Pilot),
although it can be delayed until winter. You can go to http://www.hondanavi.com/
to see what the current version of the DVD is for your car,
and to get a brief list of the updates.

--
Mike Iglesias Email:
University of California, Irvine phone: 949-824-6926
Old August 1st 06, 09:59 AM posted to alt.satellite.gps,alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.acura
[email protected]

Honda H Emblem Badge Shop and Store Civic Accord Integra Acura Jazz
Type-R S2000

Where can I buy Honda H Emblem Badge Red, Blue, Black, White, Yellow ?

Who buy these badge in www.autoxpat.com ?

http://www.autoxpat.com/shop/

Please comment and address about this shop of price and services ..

Regards,

RC Man

Old August 1st 06, 10:00 AM posted to alt.satellite.gps,alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.acura
[email protected]

Old August 5th 06, 02:51 PM posted to alt.satellite.gps,alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.acura
TomP[_1_]

The navi dvd get updated (such as it is) between Oct and Dec of any year.

The data base updates are dubious at best. I would wager 90% that what
ever you would like to see in the update, will not be there.

It's best to wait several years from the original revision before paying
$200 for the updated dvd.

I have heard recently that there is a "Buy" and "Try" grace period on the
updates, call the Toll Free number found in your owner's manual and ask.

--
Tp,

-------- __o
----- -\<. -------- __o
--- ( )/ ( ) ---- -\<.
-------------------- ( )/ ( )

No Lawsuit Ever Fixed A Moron...

Old August 5th 06, 06:20 PM posted to alt.satellite.gps,alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.acura
John Horner

TomP wrote:
> The navi dvd get updated (such as it is) between Oct and Dec of any year.
>
> The data base updates are dubious at best. I would wager 90% that what
> ever you would like to see in the update, will not be there.

I agree with that. I bought one update for our '03 Accord in '05 and
was disappointed by how out of date the information still was.

I would never bother with annual updating. Maybe once every second or
third year.

John

Old August 6th 06, 04:41 PM posted to alt.satellite.gps,alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.acura
[email protected]

The whole DVD thing is a rip-off. $200+ makes $3 a gallon look very
reasonable.

I just bought a newly-released Garmin c530 nav unit for $493 shipped.
It has version 8 maps (from the same vendor the automakers use) which
was just released 2 months ago and seems very up to date, even though
there's been a lot of construction in Dallas/Ft.Worth. The update
costs $75 to download every 12-18 months if you want.

Hmmm. If a download costs $75, there's no excuse for a mailed DVD to
cost more than $80.

Screw Honda Acura and their $200 DVD's. Screw not being able to access
the GPS except sitting in your car. Screw having to use a nav screen
to adjust the a/c's fan speed. The satellite radio is confusing
enough, without adding nav to the "bargain."

Old August 7th 06, 03:45 AM posted to alt.satellite.gps,alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.acura
Unquestionably Confused

wrote:
> The whole DVD thing is a rip-off. $200+ makes $3 a gallon look very
> reasonable.
>
> I just bought a newly-released Garmin c530 nav unit for $493 shipped.
> It has version 8 maps (from the same vendor the automakers use) which
> was just released 2 months ago and seems very up to date, even though
> there's been a lot of construction in Dallas/Ft.Worth. The update
> costs $75 to download every 12-18 months if you want.
>
> Hmmm. If a download costs $75, there's no excuse for a mailed DVD to
> cost more than $80.

Corrections: Garmin's NEW pricing policy of $75 per update applies to
both the download (which you apparently need for the C530)as well as the
DVD's which they mail out for those of use with 2610's and Quest units.
Last year's update cost me, I think, $129.

They just e-mailed me to let me know they are available. They send me
the DVD for free and then I pay them the fee when I unlock the DVD to my
units. Incidentally, unless they changed their policy with this price
drop, each unlock code can be used to update TWO separate Garmin GPS units.