2000 Concorde LXi (3,2L) - Panel Lights - ATC

Old May 14th 11, 05:13 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
jaygreg

Default 2000 Concorde LXi (3,2L) - Panel Lights - ATC

Of the 6 buttons in this cluster, the first 2 didn't light up last
night; 1) Auto/Off, 2) Temp.

The Service Manual I have is the 2000 LHS, 300M, Concorde and Intrepid
orange manual from DaimlerChrysler.

I'm having trouble finding the right page that shows what I might be
involved in if I choose to replace these bulbs (and hopefully not a
entire expensive panel). A picture of the panel is on page 8E-4.

Can anyone point me in the right direction, or if a book isn't readily
at hand but the general knowledge is.... comment and give me an idea how
involved and expensive this might be please.
Old May 15th 11, 06:36 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Greg Houston

On 5/14/2011 12:13 PM, jaygreg wrote:
> Of the 6 buttons in this cluster, the first 2 didn't light up last
> night; 1) Auto/Off, 2) Temp.
>
> The Service Manual I have is the 2000 LHS, 300M, Concorde and Intrepid
> orange manual from DaimlerChrysler.
>
> I'm having trouble finding the right page that shows what I might be
> involved in if I choose to replace these bulbs (and hopefully not a
> entire expensive panel). A picture of the panel is on page 8E-4.
>
> Can anyone point me in the right direction, or if a book isn't readily
> at hand but the general knowledge is.... comment and give me an idea how
> involved and expensive this might be please.

Did the brake switch recalibration work?

Old May 15th 11, 04:32 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
jaygreg

Hi Greg. I haven't seen the mechanic yet but... the incident never
recurred. So....???

Old May 15th 11, 10:48 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Greg Houston

On 5/15/2011 11:32 AM, jaygreg wrote:
> Hi Greg. I haven't seen the mechanic yet but... the incident never
> recurred. So....???
>
> On 5/15/2011 1:36 AM, Greg Houston wrote:
>> On 5/14/2011 12:13 PM, jaygreg wrote:
>>> Of the 6 buttons in this cluster, the first 2 didn't light up last
>>> night; 1) Auto/Off, 2) Temp.
>>>
>>> The Service Manual I have is the 2000 LHS, 300M, Concorde and Intrepid
>>> orange manual from DaimlerChrysler.
>>>
>>> I'm having trouble finding the right page that shows what I might be
>>> involved in if I choose to replace these bulbs (and hopefully not a
>>> entire expensive panel). A picture of the panel is on page 8E-4.
>>>
>>> Can anyone point me in the right direction, or if a book isn't readily
>>> at hand but the general knowledge is.... comment and give me an idea how
>>> involved and expensive this might be please.

>> Did the brake switch recalibration work?

I would still keep an eye on it, and recalibrate anyway, it only takes a
few seconds. Nothing like getting back to the car in the middle of
nowhere to find out the brake lights ran the battery down to nil.
Old May 16th 11, 04:49 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
jaygreg

I'll have to read that procedure again and get into. Thanks Greg.

P.S> You wouldn't happen to know anything about those ATC control panel
lights would you?

Old May 21st 11, 03:18 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Greg Houston

On 5/15/2011 11:49 PM, jaygreg wrote:
> I'll have to read that procedure again and get into. Thanks Greg.
>
> P.S> You wouldn't happen to know anything about those ATC control panel
> lights would you?
>
> On 5/15/2011 5:48 PM, Greg Houston wrote:
>> On 5/15/2011 11:32 AM, jaygreg wrote:
>>> Hi Greg. I haven't seen the mechanic yet but... the incident never
>>> recurred. So....???

>> I would still keep an eye on it, and recalibrate anyway, it only takes a
>> few seconds. Nothing like getting back to the car in the middle of
>> nowhere to find out the brake lights ran the battery down to nil.

All I can tell you is what you already know from the FSM. I seem to
remember it calls for cluster replacement when the embedded lights fail.
To help avoid burnout, I've always kept the lights on the minimum
usable brightness.

2000 Concorde LXi jaygreg Chrysler 3 May 12th 11 10:32 AM
Struts - All Four for 2000 Concorde LXi jgreg2 Chrysler 1 September 16th 09 02:22 AM
98 Concorde LXI Turnsignals and Parking lights tim bur Chrysler 2 August 5th 05 10:34 PM
2000 Concorde LXi Tranmission John Gregory Chrysler 63 March 12th 05 02:10 PM