Roadside Assistance

Old June 14th 05, 11:42 PM
Martin Price

Default Roadside Assistance

bat wrote:

> Hello,
>
> could someone advise of a decent roadside assistance plan, nationwide or
> Chicago area - less expensive than AAA.
>
> Currently, I'm paying for it on my T-Mobile, which contracts Asurion;
> recently, on own experience found it to be basically a scam (refused to tow
> because "accidents are not covered"; definition of accident? - whatever they
> want to label so. In my case, two flat tires at once, after overdriving some
> sharp road debris).
>
> regards

What finally happened? How did you handle that situation? Did
you have to call another tow truck and pay for it?

I have roadside assistance on my cell plan (Nextel) and my
auto insurance plan (GEICO) so I feel like I am in good
hands without Allstate!

Good luck.

MP
Old June 15th 05, 01:01 AM
Helen

"Martin Price" > wrote in message
> bat wrote:
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > could someone advise of a decent roadside assistance plan, nationwide or
> > Chicago area - less expensive than AAA.
> >
> > Currently, I'm paying for it on my T-Mobile, which contracts Asurion;
> > recently, on own experience found it to be basically a scam (refused to

tow
> > because "accidents are not covered"; definition of accident? - whatever

they
> > want to label so. In my case, two flat tires at once, after overdriving

some
> > sharp road debris).
> >
> > regards

> What finally happened? How did you handle that situation? Did
> you have to call another tow truck and pay for it?
>
> I have roadside assistance on my cell plan (Nextel) and my
> auto insurance plan (GEICO) so I feel like I am in good
> hands without Allstate!
>
> Good luck.
>
> MP

Ford Motor Corp., Inc., 1-800...roadside assistance is a FRAUD! Well, let
me explain:
New vehicle purchased - six weeks later and only 300 miles on the vehicle
ran over a nail.
Flat tire! Called the Ford 1-800 roadside ASS-is-tance! Located in another
state! Took
VIN number, phone number and problem. 8 hours later: no response, stil
flat tire. Co-worker
Vietnam vet changed tire to dough-nut...went to Dealer - 1.5 miles
away...they laughed and
REFUSED...said, to to "xyz Tire Co...".... where YOU pay cash for the tire
repair.

Later learn that Ford Motor Corp PAID a local locksmith company for
repairing the flat tire!
SCAM - SLAM --- yeah, they were a black skinned operated LOCKSMITH!
THEFT, lies and fraud abound...all around you. But since Ford paid THEM
(for LYING)
and did NOT pay or assist me, I wouldn't have a FORD product in my presence!
F-O-R-D == fix-or-repair-daily! Found-On-the-Road-Dead! DETROIT's
shennigans
and grossly overpaid people will have their come-uppance! When THEY take
without
providing the service you've paid for, that is theft...and lots of people in
YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD
do this! So Ford, et al write it off as a loss...the tax payer (working
honest people) gets greater
deductions... and so, it's just stealing from your neighbor! So much for
'neighborhood' bidnesses!!

Old June 15th 05, 06:54 PM
Cydrome Leader

Too bad is takes 34 minutes for calls to go though the nextel network when and i they can "locate subscriber". Analog systems of 10 years ago were far superior to that nextel ****.

Old June 16th 05, 05:58 AM
bat

MP> What finally happened? How did you handle that situation? Did
MP> you have to call another tow truck and pay for it?

No, handled it by myself - changed one tire for the spare; inflated another
by flat-a-tire. Then crawled to an auto shop.

Old June 16th 05, 06:41 AM
Gregory Morrow

bat wrote:

> No, handled it by myself - changed one tire for the spare; inflated

another
> by flat-a-tire. Then crawled to an auto shop.

Same BAT time, same BAT channel!

--
Best
Greg