battery choice

Old June 6th 09, 02:11 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pm

Default battery choice

i think it is time to replace the battery on my 95...
par for the course, the miata battery is a bit unusual, (u1rt), and
therefore probably expensive.
autozone has an autocraft silver for $110.
are there other good choices?

thanks,
peter
Old June 6th 09, 04:01 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
[email protected]

On Fri, 05 Jun 2009 21:11:35 -0400, pm > wrote:

>i think it is time to replace the battery on my 95...
>par for the course, the miata battery is a bit unusual, (u1rt), and
>therefore probably expensive. autozone has an autocraft silver for $110.
>are there other good choices?

http://www.westcobattery.com/miata.html

They say 5-6 days, but mine got here last week in one day after placing the
order. $125 including shipping. This is the third one I've had in my '95 R.

-- Larry
Old June 6th 09, 06:19 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Frank Berger

wrote:
> On Fri, 05 Jun 2009 21:11:35 -0400, pm > wrote:
>
>> i think it is time to replace the battery on my 95...
>> par for the course, the miata battery is a bit unusual, (u1rt), and
>> therefore probably expensive. autozone has an autocraft silver for
>> $110. are there other good choices?

http://www.westcobattery.com/miata.html

> They say 5-6 days, but mine got here last week in one day after
> placing the order. $125 including shipping. This is the third one
> I've had in my '95 R.
>
> -- Larry

There's a battery place here in Dallas that stocks the Westco. Maybe in
your town?

Old June 6th 09, 01:31 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
peter

pm wrote:
> i think it is time to replace the battery on my 95...
> par for the course, the miata battery is a bit unusual, (u1rt), and
> therefore probably expensive.
> autozone has an autocraft silver for $110.
> are there other good choices?

hmmm,

advanced auto says my battery is "good".
they checked it twice because they thought it was a lawn tractor battery
at first and used 250cca as a test perameter, then uses 330 cca and it
was still "good"...

the battery doesnt turn the rebuilt motor over very fast even with the
plugs out...i have a strange feeling about this.......

peter
Old June 6th 09, 05:17 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
XS11E[_3_]

peter > wrote:

> the battery doesnt turn the rebuilt motor over very fast even with
> the plugs out...i have a strange feeling about this.......

Bad news, hope it's nothing really bad, could be just a poor connection
or a bad starter motor....

The Usenet Improvement Project:
http://improve-usenet.org
Old June 6th 09, 06:17 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Lanny Chambers

In article >,
XS11E > wrote:

> > the battery doesnt turn the rebuilt motor over very fast even with
> > the plugs out...i have a strange feeling about this.......

> Bad news, hope it's nothing really bad, could be just a poor connection
> or a bad starter motor....

First thing to try is a slow charge: 1 or 2 amps for 24 hours. If it's
an AGM battery, once it's drained past a certain point the alternator
won't recharge it, but an external charger may bring it back to good
condition.

--
Lanny Chambers
St. Louis, MO
Old June 6th 09, 10:15 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pm

Lanny Chambers wrote:
> In article >,
> XS11E > wrote:
>
>>> the battery doesnt turn the rebuilt motor over very fast even with
>>> the plugs out...i have a strange feeling about this.......

>> Bad news, hope it's nothing really bad, could be just a poor connection
>> or a bad starter motor....

> First thing to try is a slow charge: 1 or 2 amps for 24 hours. If it's
> an AGM battery, once it's drained past a certain point the alternator
> won't recharge it, but an external charger may bring it back to good
> condition.

1/4 battery tender
i might get to it tomorrow to investigate further.

peter
Old June 12th 09, 12:27 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pm

pm wrote:
> i think it is time to replace the battery on my 95...
> par for the course, the miata battery is a bit unusual, (u1rt), and
> therefore probably expensive.
> autozone has an autocraft silver for $110.
> are there other good choices?
>
> thanks,
> peter

the issue with the battery ended up being a defective mechanic...i just
placed the neg cable on the terminal and it was not tight...
doh!

peter

Q5 tire choice? mac Audi 1 April 24th 09 04:50 PM
Rental car of choice? Carl Rogers Driving 14 January 15th 07 01:12 AM
If you have your choice... RichA Ford Mustang 34 July 12th 05 11:26 PM
!!HELP GAMERS CHOICE Dave Mazda 0 September 2nd 04 11:49 PM
car choice A Doc General 0 August 24th 04 03:42 AM