anyone near cheshire,ct?

Old May 26th 09, 02:11 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
peter

Default anyone near cheshire,ct?

hi,

rebuilding my wife's 95 was supposed to be a three week job at the
machine shop last year and ended up going into the cold weather which i
had little desire to work in so foolishly, i didnt record and bag and
take pictures as well as i should have, (lesson learned, always do the
job well).
there fore i have forgotten where some of the brackets go and i would
appreciate being able to look at another car.

anyone near by?

tia,
peter
Old May 26th 09, 02:33 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chris D'Agnolo[_2_]

Peter, is there a local Miata club? I'm sure someone will be happy to at
least supply their car for visual confirmation but you might even find an
experienced re-builder to assist!

Good luck,
Chris
99BBB

Old May 26th 09, 02:54 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Christopher Muto

this club is in connecticut, and seem to have events in several towns
including southington which is pretty close to you... perhaps they have a
message board where you can post your request. if needed i can always snap
a picture of something specific on my '95 if you need it. or you could pick
up a copy of the miata 1.8 liter enthusiast's shop manual (rod grainger &
pete shoemark) but since it is british, and they drive on the 'wrong' side
of the road, some equipment is not in the same place as in the american
versions.
http://www.nutmegmiatainc.org

Old May 26th 09, 03:09 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
peter

Christopher Muto wrote:
> this club is in connecticut, and seem to have events in several towns
> including southington which is pretty close to you... perhaps they have a
> message board where you can post your request.

yeah, i know them...
you have to join with dues for them to talk to you...i like being able
to just say hi, how are you. indeed, they had a miata day at limerock
race track in lakeville,ct , (or did when we first of the 95), and they
had rented a building. they would not let my wife pee because we werent
members...
maybe it was a misunderstanding but i think the lady members of this ng
may feel like my wife did....

if needed i can always snap
> a picture of something specific on my '95 if you need it.

thanks, i keep that in mind. most of the things i forgot the placement
of have clips for the wiring harness, (i think

or you could pick
> up a copy of the miata 1.8 liter enthusiast's shop manual (rod grainger &
> pete shoemark) but since it is british, and they drive on the 'wrong' side
> of the road, some equipment is not in the same place as in the american
> versions.

ahhh, another brit manual. the first vehicle i tormented, er worked on
was a 72 triumph daytona 500 bike...i didnt know what a spanner was .
i can now speak both english and american.

i have the mazda manual which took a bit to understand how it works. i
like the format now. which brings me to a new post.......

thanks chris
, peter