Remote keyless entry problem ('96)

Old September 24th 04, 12:56 AM
Doug Haxton

Default Remote keyless entry problem ('96)

Hello all,

About 6 months ago, the battery died on my remote ('96 coupe).
Somehow, I never got around to replacing it, but I finally did so this
afternoon. I've been following the instructions in the manual, but
I'm having trouble. Here's what the manual says to do:

With the key in the "on" position, press the ODO button twice. Within
5 seconds, press and hold the FUEL INFO button until the PASSIVE
KEYLESS ENTRY light comes on and stays on. Release the button. The
PKE button will begin blinking on and off.

Here's what's happening: I put the key in the on position, prese the
ODO button twice, press and hold the FUEL INFO button...but the
PASSIVE KEYLESS ENTRY light never comes on.

Um....help? Thanks in advance.

Doug
Old September 24th 04, 11:42 PM
Bob I

For our 95 it is a little different than what you quote(see ODO press)
Move ALL transmitters out of range and turn off radio
Ignition to "Run" position
Press Trip ODO
Release
Press Trip ODO & HOLD for 5 SEC
Within 5 Sec PRESS & HOLD Fuel Info for 10 sec
PKE lite will come on continuous
Ignition to LOCK and leave key in Switch
PKE lite will begin flashing.
Bring the transmitter within range and the lamp should go back to on.

Old September 24th 04, 11:42 PM
Bob I