Steering wheel remote

Old May 18th 08, 03:10 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Tiger[_1_]

Default Steering wheel remote

Hello, everyone,

I have got a ALFA 156, it is in 03 Reg, I am planning to upgrade the
CD player to a mp3 player (any make, it does not mind), but I still
want to keep the steering wheel remote function, has anyone done it
before? can you let me know what mp3 player you used? and where did
you find the remote adapter?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Regards,

Tiger
Old May 21st 08, 08:48 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Pete[_1_]

On Sun, 18 May 2008 07:10:13 -0700 (PDT), Tiger >,
wrote:

>Hello, everyone,
>
>I have got a ALFA 156, it is in 03 Reg, I am planning to upgrade the
>CD player to a mp3 player (any make, it does not mind), but I still
>want to keep the steering wheel remote function, has anyone done it
>before? can you let me know what mp3 player you used? and where did
>you find the remote adapter?
>
>Thanks a lot in advance.
>
>Regards,
>
>Tiger

My car had a factory fitted Sony single CD/radio head, which Alfa
arranged the replacement of with same series Sony MD/radio head and
boot auto-changer. It took the Ice man about 10 mins to change it.
I can't comment about the steering wheel controls as the car never
had them.

BTW you can get a 10 MD boot auto-changer if that helps. Good luck.

Pete
--

156 2.0 TS (2001) - Proteo Rosso
Old May 28th 08, 10:05 AM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
GT[_3_]

"Tiger" > wrote in message
> Hello, everyone,
>
> I have got a ALFA 156, it is in 03 Reg, I am planning to upgrade the
> CD player to a mp3 player (any make, it does not mind), but I still
> want to keep the steering wheel remote function, has anyone done it
> before? can you let me know what mp3 player you used? and where did
> you find the remote adapter?
>
> Thanks a lot in advance.
>
> Regards,
>
> Tiger

My 02 156 CD player broke and I replaced with a JVC mp3 unit. The steering
wheel controls don't work - you need an adapter (not just wires) and I
couldn't find one anywhere and no one here could find one either!

I think the original head unit was a blaupunkt (156 turismo with Bose).

Old May 28th 08, 11:02 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Tiger[_1_]

On 5ÔÂ28ÈÕ, ÉÏÎç10ʱ05·Ö, "GT" > wrote:
> "Tiger" > wrote in message

> > Hello, everyone,

> > I have got a ALFA 156, it is in 03 Reg, I am planning to upgrade the
> > CD player to a mp3 player (any make, it does not mind), but I still
> > want to keep the steering wheel remote function, has anyone done it
> > before? can you let me know what mp3 player you used? and where did
> > you find the remote adapter?

> > Thanks a lot in advance.

> > Regards,

> > Tiger

> My 02 156 CD player broke and I replaced with a JVC mp3 unit. The steering
> wheel controls don't work - you need an adapter (not just wires) and I
> couldn't find one anywhere and no one here could find one either!
>
> I think the original head unit was a blaupunkt (156 turismo with Bose).

Thanks a lot for the reply from GT and Pete,

The car had got a 10 CD changer before I bought it, but sometimes it
is really annoying to change the CDs now and then, so I am planning
to replace it with a after market mp3 player, After googling high and
low, I found that if we want to keep the steering control function,
we need to buy a stalk control adapter and something elese, I found
the cheapest one from lowcostcaraudio, they have got a lot of
adapters for different make of mp3, provided the head unit comes with
remote control function.

Thanks again.