`04 Nissan Frontier speed limiter??

Old March 3rd 05, 03:59 PM
stump

Default `04 Nissan Frontier speed limiter??

Does anyone know how to over ride the annoying cut-out experienced when
the speed of 95mph is reached? I imagine it is a factory setting in the
computer, but there's got to be a way to get around it without having
to sell my kids to house for it.
Please advise if anyone out there knows a method.
Thanks,
Stump

Old March 5th 05, 10:29 AM
Rob Munach

stump wrote:

> Does anyone know how to over ride the annoying cut-out experienced when
> the speed of 95mph is reached? I imagine it is a factory setting in the
> computer, but there's got to be a way to get around it without having
> to sell my kids to house for it.
> Please advise if anyone out there knows a method.
> Thanks,
> Stump

Any reason that you need to go above 95mph? That truck probably isn't
very safe at that speed. It ain't a Nascar truck! I guess if you do sell
your kids, they won't have to worry about getting killed by their Daddy
when the truck flips.

I am actually suprised it will go much more than 95 mph. I doubt my 2004
Frontier will.

--
Rob
Old March 5th 05, 11:25 PM
Jim and Joy Eary

Check with Stillen, they have ECM mods that may override the limiters-
of course, you void any warranty by doing so...

oups.com...

Old August 10th 05, 05:42 AM
cantcatchthis

Any reason 4 going above 95 mph? DUHHH! IT will actually go about 120 mph
stock whith the speed limiter disabled!!! Get rid of the ballon style
tires nissan puts on them tho! Definately need low pros for anything above
95. With motor upgrades and a high performance clutch you can get er around
128 mph. the 4 cly makes 145hp and 157flb. tourqe thats well more than most
4 cyl hondas and isnt hard to put above 200 hp. NASCARSUX real racing is
done in complex curves not circle tracks!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old August 10th 05, 03:33 PM
Ed White

With only 145 hp, there is not much chance the truck will do much more
than 105 with the speed limited defeated. There is no way you are
getting it to a 120 mph with only 145 HP and the aerodynamics of a
truck. 200 Hp might get you to 120 mph, but even that is unlikely.
Pick-up have terrible areodynamics.

Ed

Old August 11th 05, 05:31 AM
cantcatchthis

Shows what u know Ed White! So u r telling me that u cant get to 120 mph
with 145hp. Well my honda only has 128 Hp but it will do 125mph. As 4
areodynamics the honda has a drag coeficient of 127, and the 2nd
generation frontier has a drag coe of 131. The frontier has less drag than
any other compact truck!! I LOVE THESE TRUCKS It will go all the way 2
95mph in third gear and as soon as u shift into 4th u hit the limiter. Its
about impossable 2 blow the 2.4 dohc engine up. Hook it 2 as much NOS as u
want. The only bad thing about them is the stock clutch and internal
shifting fork. The stock clutches tend to slip&burn and once u get a good
aftermarket clutch the added clamping force breaks the shifting fork after
a few times scratching second U cant buy any chip or ECU upgrade 2 defeat
the limiter so u have 2 fix it yourself!

IN senate backs bill to raise speed limit to 70 mph 223rem Driving 56 February 22nd 05 04:21 PM
Speed Limiter Daniel J. Stern Driving 13 February 10th 05 08:37 PM
Nissan Frontier '98 clutch fan - reliable part? ThomasE 4x4 1 January 30th 05 03:02 AM
2000 Nissan Frontier 4X4 jasper719 4x4 1 January 3rd 05 03:43 AM