Like a dope, I bought another Jeep.

Old March 21st 07, 11:45 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
L.W. \(Bill\) Hughes III

Default Like a dope, I bought another Jeep.

I'm 65! I still have a CJ-2A and '57 Bird with close ratio four speeds.
Remember I use to drive eighteen speeds, I'm tired of shifting! Besides I
use to race a B&M Hydro: http://www.billhughes.com/B%26Msticker.jpg
God Bless America, Bill 0|||||||0

Old March 21st 07, 11:59 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
L.W. \(Bill\) Hughes III

Thanks, I'm going to try to keep stock, except for the roll bar, unless
it's thrown a rod.
God Bless America, Bill 0|||||||0
http://www.billhughes.com/

"The Merg" > wrote in message
> I wanted to buy a Commando before I got my Wrangler. Congrats Bill,
> Treat her well.
>
> L.W. (Bill) Hughes III wrote:
> > Thanks, Bookmarked.
> > I should have bought your Friends Wagoneer, That's what I was

looking
> > for, maybe something a little bigger like a Blazer or Ford pickup to

pull my
> > CJ-2A, to replace my biannual SMOG Bronco, how that Arnie took away my
> > thirty year exemption! My waiting 429" tunnel port dream died:
> > http://www.billhughes.com/429ford.jpg
> > God Bless America, Bill 0|||||||0
> >

> > "Stupendous Man" > wrote in message
> >> A true convertable, no less. Welcome to the sickness. I have three

C-101s

Old March 22nd 07, 01:12 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Jeffrey DeWitt

Pretty cool, have fun with it!

Jeff DeWitt

Old March 22nd 07, 02:51 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
PM

Thank God... You mean we won't have to see
the "Pismo" picture any more?

Good Luck with it Bill.

Paul in VA

.. .

Old March 22nd 07, 05:18 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
L.W. \(Bill\) Hughes III

Then, maybe my tires on my Son's Jeep:
http://members.aol.com/LarrHughes/camandlarry.jpg
Thanks to all the replies.
God Bless America, Bill 0|||||||0
http://www.billhughes.com/

nk.net...

Old March 22nd 07, 01:10 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
[email protected]

On Mar 20, 11:25 pm, "L.W. \(Bill\) Hughes III" >
wrote:
> Like a idiot glutton for punishment, I bought another

I have owned some sort of a Jeep just about every day since I was 19.
NONE was better in any way than my 1976 (I think) Jeepster. Used it a
lot down Sandy Neck on Cape Cod towed down as a dingy to my "bread
truck" beach buggy... even with my wife driving it that J was
unstoppable in the sand. Your pix makes a geezer pine for the old
days

mike j

Old March 23rd 07, 10:34 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
merrill

Very nice Bill !

I wish I could find a nice rust free Arizona vehicle like you did.

Merrill

Old March 24th 07, 12:20 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
ufatbastehd[_2_]

Yeah good luck Bill at 65 and still building them. I was wondering if
I was foolish for just getting into working on cars(well my YJ anyway)
the past 4 years when I was just 48!
Looks like a it will be fun.

Old March 26th 07, 12:55 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
L.W. \(Bill\) Hughes III

Another Four hundred and fifty bucks in freight later, it's home, I
removed the rest of the rag top, put my CJ-2A license on it to keep the
local Gestapo happy, but managed to smash the other fender and bend what was
the only straight bumper I've seen, trying to reposition it in my driveway:
http://billhughes.com/jeepster.jpg
New radiator's dry and oil's over full, meaning possible head gasket,
new cap a wires, and exploded muffler meaning possible timing chain. Bummer,
I think I'll just sit and look at it for a while.
I got insured, and my Sister-in-law: Deborah, whom works for DMV looked
at it, took my plastic and one of the pinks to resister it. :-)
God Bless America, Bill 0|||||||0