Just for Fun

Old March 5th 10, 05:46 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Stephen Toth[_2_]

Default Just for Fun

In article >, Chris D'Agnolo
> wrote:

> Just to stir the pot a little, I'd love to hear how many Miatas folks have
> owned and approximately how many miles they have put on those Miatas.

I took the '93 from new in Aug. ' 93 to Jan. 2008 for about 194k miles.
As stated in the sig, it is with one of the kids and now has 220K and
just got its first clutch replacement.

Got the '06 in Jan. 2008 with 13,905 mi. Now has 27,050 mi.

--
-------
Stephen Toth
Old March 5th 10, 07:44 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
T.J. Higgins

First of all, I'm a lurker in Alabama. My car is a '99 base
model, triple black. I bought it in '03 with 72k miles, it
now has 166k. The only significant repairs have been a clutch,
a radiator, and a new top. The driver seat cloth upholstery
finally wore through. I got a leather slipcover and all is
well.

Now about this:

In article >, wrote:
>I'll answer your request and ask a question I've been meaning to ask
>for a while...
>
>2007 Red RHT 6 speed with 9k miles.
>
>This car has been absolutely trouble free except for a rattle/buzz
>behind the dash on the right side near the A/C vent. It makes a loud
>buzzing sound whenever the engine is running at around 2300 RPM. Road
>speed does not matter - only engine speed. (in other words, it
>happens at a different road speed depending on which gear I have it
>in).
>
>If my passenger pushes on the dash while the noise is happening, she
>can often make it stop. My guess is that there is a wire or hose of
>some sort back in there that is close to something else. That piece
>mechanically resonates at the virations caused by the engine running
>at 2300 RPM.
>
>Does anyone know how to get into that area without causing any damage?

Take out the glove compartment and see if the problem still
occurs. If so, have a friend drive the car while you shine
a flashlight in there and see if you can isolate the noise.

Good luck.

--
TJH

tjhiggin.at.hiwaay.dot.net
Old March 5th 10, 10:30 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Lanny Chambers

In article >,
"Chris D'Agnolo" > wrote:

> > One 1994 C Package, 88k since 1997.

> That's impressive. How's it holding up against the weather up there in the
> snow country?

Fine, still has the original top at 144k miles. But it's garaged and I
never drive in snow (T1R tires). The leather and carpet are getting
tatty though. There's one small dent where it was butted by a ****ed-off
bison.

--
Lanny Chambers
St. Louis, MO
Old March 5th 10, 10:37 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
barry

On Fri, 05 Mar 2010 06:40:23 -0800, KWS > wrote:

>Chris D'Agnolo wrote:
>>
>> "KWS" > wrote in message
>>
>>> 1990 "B" - one owner; me - just passed 20 years; 221K miles
>>>

>> Very impressive! What color? Original (unopened, except timing belt and
>> water pump of course) motor?
>> Chris
>> 99BBB

>It is white and has the original engine. I am thinking about having
>something "done" with it, although this decision is not being prompted
>by wear out. It runs strong and has been through a bunch of timing belts
>, water pumps, spark plug wires, etc.

when i went from 94k to 205k on my '90, the only non-maintenance
replacements were one clutch and one set of spark plug wires. and
truth be told, i wasn't all that meticulous about oil changes either.
but most of my miles were LA freeway miles. i loved that 90, but i do
appreciate the greater pep of the 1.8 in my '94, to which i also added
FM sway bars and some other suspension upgrades.

Old March 6th 10, 12:39 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Lanny Chambers

In article >,
Domagoj Bagaric > wrote:

> > That's the "Low RPM" alarm. It will stop buzzing if you downshift and
> > gas it.

> true, or if there is a law limitation, one can always pump up the stereo
>
> my car is rattle free for a decade

Mine has been rattle-free since the FM Duals arrived. Also stereo-free,
nagging-passenger-free, police-siren-free...

--
Lanny Chambers
St. Louis, MO
Old March 6th 10, 01:10 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
pws[_1_]

Lanny Chambers wrote:

> Fine, still has the original top at 144k miles. But it's garaged and I
> never drive in snow (T1R tires). The leather and carpet are getting
> tatty though. There's one small dent where it was butted by a ****ed-off
> bison.

Where did that happen?
Old March 6th 10, 04:19 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chris D'Agnolo[_2_]

"Lanny Chambers" > wrote in message
> Fine, still has the original top at 144k miles. But it's garaged and I
> never drive in snow (T1R tires). The leather and carpet are getting
> tatty though. There's one small dent where it was butted by a ****ed-off
> bison.
>
> --
> Lanny Chambers
> St. Louis, MO
> '94C

I knew you had snow, I didn't know you had ****ed off Bison! What was Mazda
thinking!
;-)

Chris
99BBB

Old March 6th 10, 04:26 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
Chris D'Agnolo[_2_]

"Domagoj Bagaric" > wrote in message
> Chris D'Agnolo wrote:
>
>> Sounds good! You are in Europe? What country, if you don't mind me
>> asking?

> Croatia (heck you can even trace my street or something via IP in the
> message )

I remember now, I think you sent me some pictures of a group of Miatas (a
club?) in Croatia. I remember them being quite cool and quite a bit like
crazy Miataphiles all over the world (what a surprise ;-) with everyone all
backed in to a nice row for picture taking.

Chris
99BBB