VW Golf MK1 - Ignition switch - electric part

Old August 16th 06, 07:23 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Aswpy

Default VW Golf MK1 - Ignition switch - electric part

Hello all!
Please help me to correctly connect the wires for the ignition switch
(VW Golf MK1). List of wires: 2 black,
1 red-black,
1 black-yellow
1 red
1 grey.

All I could find in manual is that "Refitting is a reversal of removal"
:S. This is not applicable in my case because thieves tried to steal my
car and in the process pulled out the wires from ignition switch.

Thanks!

Best regards,
Aspwy

Old August 17th 06, 07:23 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
One out of many daves

Sorry that there are thieves out there, but thank goodness you still have
your ride. ;-)

On the 111-953-631 ign switch plug, and I forget which VW I got this plug
from, here is what I see. ;-)
Fat red = 30
Fat Red with Black Stripe = 50
Skinny Brown (or possibly Gray) with Red Stripes = Su
Fat Black = 15
Fat Black with Yellow Stripe = X

Is this what you wanted?
--
later,
dave

ups.com...

Old August 17th 06, 09:45 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
Papa

Do you have a Bentley Service Manual?

Old August 18th 06, 04:11 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled
RepairJunkie

Aswpy wrote:
> Hello all!
> Please help me to correctly connect the wires for the ignition switch
> (VW Golf MK1). List of wires: 2 black,
> 1 red-black,
> 1 black-yellow
> 1 red
> 1 grey.
>
> All I could find in manual is that "Refitting is a reversal of removal"
> :S. This is not applicable in my case because thieves tried to steal my
> car and in the process pulled out the wires from ignition switch.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Best regards,
> Aspwy

If ya really get stuck, call the junk yards to see if they have any
that are nearly the same year ( best if it is the same year). Just
carefully open it up leaving all the pieces for the next guy and get
any other body trim parts or whatever ya need.....
Good luck