2006 Civic LX

Old April 8th 06, 08:20 PM posted to alt.autos.honda,alt.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda

Default 2006 Civic LX

I am thinking about buying one of these cars. What is the actual dealer's
cost with no add-ons? How much can I expect to pay on a cash deal (no
trade-in)? Are there any buying tips you can share that will help me make
the best deal possible? Thanks.

Old April 8th 06, 08:44 PM posted to alt.autos.honda,alt.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda

www.kbb.com and www.edmunds.com

I would contact dealer thru their internet site first and get their price.
Wait a few days to see if it goes down in a second email.

Old April 8th 06, 11:00 PM posted to alt.autos.honda,alt.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda

"Winston Smith" > wrote in message
> I am thinking about buying one of these cars. What is the actual dealer's
> cost with no add-ons? How much can I expect to pay on a cash deal (no
> trade-in)? Are there any buying tips you can share that will help me make
> the best deal possible? Thanks.

Check Edmunds for the TMV price -- price most people are paying in your
area.

Old April 9th 06, 01:53 AM posted to alt.autos.honda,alt.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda

Good rule of thumb is get the salesdick's best price and offer him $500
less.

Old April 9th 06, 06:07 AM posted to alt.autos.honda,alt.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda

www.edmunds.com
www.kbb.com
www.costco.com
Old April 9th 06, 11:22 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

For a new car, I would offer $3000 off sticker.

ink.net...

Old April 10th 06, 01:40 AM posted to alt.autos.honda,alt.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda

Does the dealer really have that much margin on a car with an MSP of $17,
310? Edmunds lists the invoice at $15, 835.

I've seen dealers that claim to sell cars "at or below invoice". They make
it sound like they are giving them away. There's very little chance of
that...LOL!!! I've heard of something called a "hold back". It's extra
money that the dealer gets from the manufacturer when they sell a car.

What I'm trying to figure out is how low they can go and still make a decent
profit. That's what I mean by "the best deal possible". There doesn't seem
to be a lot of wiggle room here, unless I'm missing something. I understand
why these numbers are a closely guarded secret but it would be very helpful
to be armed with the facts before making a deal. Surely someone has a good
idea of just how low they can go before they start to lose money. Anyone
care enlighten me on this?

. com...

Old April 10th 06, 01:47 AM posted to alt.autos.honda,alt.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda

Winston Smith wrote:
> Does the dealer really have that much margin on a car with an MSP of $17,
> 310? Edmunds lists the invoice at $15, 835.
>
> I've seen dealers that claim to sell cars "at or below invoice". They make
> it sound like they are giving them away. There's very little chance of
> that...LOL!!! I've heard of something called a "hold back". It's extra
> money that the dealer gets from the manufacturer when they sell a car.
>
> What I'm trying to figure out is how low they can go and still make a decent
> profit. That's what I mean by "the best deal possible". There doesn't seem
> to be a lot of wiggle room here, unless I'm missing something. I understand
> why these numbers are a closely guarded secret but it would be very helpful
> to be armed with the facts before making a deal. Surely someone has a good
> idea of just how low they can go before they start to lose money. Anyone
> care enlighten me on this?

the number can change often, too. theres holdback, then there are other
incentives that arent advertised either.

american honda motor corp might go through the numbers tomorrow and
decide there are too many 4dr accord dx's in inventory and in the
pipeline, and offer their dealers a better deal to move em. might just
happen in one region, too.

they arent going to call edmunds and tell em, though.
Old April 10th 06, 10:26 AM posted to alt.autos.honda,alt.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda

Thanks Mike. Good advice. :-)

Old April 12th 06, 02:01 AM posted to alt.autos.honda,alt.honda,rec.autos.makers.honda

Your best bet is to e-mail every dealer around asking for their best price
for the car that you want. Then play one against the other for a couple of
days. Then go see the one that gave you the best price, w/ your e-mail from
them w/ the price that they quoted. Keep your colors open and you will be
able to get a better deal. Some areas have an abundance of one or two
colors and they price them lower than other colors.

I just bought an EX 4DR w/ cargo net for $ 18,200. Way below what the TMV
is reported as on Edmonds.com. Right after the sale closed, they noticed
that it also had fog lights & a day/night mirror. So I guess you could say
I got it for a steal. Another dealer that I was dealing with dropped their
price for the same options in a different color to $18,163 but I didn't
think it was worth $ 17 to leave one dealer and start the whole process over
at another dealer after spending 3 hours at the first one.