Brake pads..ceramic vs regular

Old June 12th 05, 02:01 AM
Zork

Default Brake pads..ceramic vs regular

Finally got the crud off my '03 T&C chrome wheels. Waxed and cleaned.
Just curious, is there a huge difference between the ceramic vs the
'normal' pads ? ? If the ceramics would take care of the dust, would
be more than willing to switch them over.
Thx
Zork

Old June 12th 05, 08:55 AM
Ted Mittelstaedt

"Zork" > wrote in message
> Finally got the crud off my '03 T&C chrome wheels. Waxed and cleaned.
> Just curious, is there a huge difference between the ceramic vs the
> 'normal' pads ? ? If the ceramics would take care of the dust, would
> be more than willing to switch them over.

They produce just as much dust as the other kind, it's just not black in
color so
it doesen't make a mess of the wheels.

Perhaps regular waxing of your chrome wheels might take care of the problem?

Ted

Old June 12th 05, 09:10 PM
Richard

"Zork" > wrote in message
> Finally got the crud off my '03 T&C chrome wheels. Waxed and cleaned.
> Just curious, is there a huge difference between the ceramic vs the
> 'normal' pads ? ? If the ceramics would take care of the dust, would
> be more than willing to switch them over.
> Thx
> Zork

A switch to ceramic pads solved the problem with black dust on my 04 chrome
wheels.

Richard.

Any experience with PBR Ceramic brake pads? [email protected] VW water cooled 3 June 11th 05 10:31 PM
Ceramic Brake Pads Lifetime Warranty Chrysler 3 April 2nd 05 03:51 AM
Ceramic Brake Pads? Stan Dowiat BMW 3 March 21st 05 12:07 AM
Brake Noise Caused by Cheap Brake Pads? Jay Bollyn Saturn 2 October 30th 04 11:19 PM
Car Brake Pads Installed Incorrectly eddy eagle General 0 August 11th 04 12:27 PM