Car Show day

Old July 17th 05, 12:03 AM
Dennis Wik

Default Car Show day

Went to a local car show today and had a good time. I had the only
foreign car there, period. I was located between a great looking 68
Camero and a 67 Mustang convert. Lots of muscle cars and trucks. Not
many old restored vehicles, most were street rods and 50's sleds
including two 57 mercs lowered with lake pipes and fenderskirts. One of
them had a flame job from one end to the other...really nice. Anyway,
for the first time, I had more people interrested in my Puma than all 5
shows I went to all of last year put together. I entered in a class
which grouped all 1970 to 1979 stock together and took 2nd place tophy
about $30 worth of goodies. Good day for me and mine.

href="http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=4025706&a=30209382&vt=vp">Den's
1977 Puma</a>

Old July 17th 05, 01:29 AM
Remco

Dennis Wik wrote:
> Went to a local car show today and had a good time. I had the only
> foreign car there, period. I was located between a great looking 68
> Camero and a 67 Mustang convert. Lots of muscle cars and trucks. Not
> many old restored vehicles, most were street rods and 50's sleds
> including two 57 mercs lowered with lake pipes and fenderskirts. One of
> them had a flame job from one end to the other...really nice. Anyway,
> for the first time, I had more people interrested in my Puma than all 5
> shows I went to all of last year put together. I entered in a class
> which grouped all 1970 to 1979 stock together and took 2nd place tophy
> about $30 worth of goodies. Good day for me and mine.

Congratulations! That is very cool!
That puma of yours is an attention getter, that's for sure.

Old July 18th 05, 04:37 AM
Wild Bill

I always enjoy taking my 76 Bug to open car shows. Most of the old
timers thee owned or drove a VW at one time or another. Get about the
same verbal reaction..."What year is it ? " Then they will say... "Yeah
I had a...(1963 Rag top or something to that effect)... "Wish I still
had it" Then they go back it time and remember the good old days. I love
my VW epecially at Open Car Shows and it's surrounded by "Foreign Cars
!! "

Be Cool.....AIRCOOLED !!

"Wild" Bill Tucker

President
Rare Air VW Club
Pensacola, Florida

'78 VW Bus ( "Old Rusty" )

'76 Bug "The Grape"

'69 Squareback , Arizona car, Automatic

Rare Air VW Club Website:

http://www.devoted.to/RareAir

or

http://community.webtv.net/stlkikn/RAREAIRVWCLUBINFO

Old July 18th 05, 11:38 PM
Ben Boyle

I alternate between taking my '74 Super and my '86 Citroen 2CV. I actually do not attend many one make shows. I think
it's more fun to go to shows where anything can show up.

Old July 19th 05, 02:26 AM
Dennis Wik

I've only went to one VW show myself. I like the open shows cause I
like all the other types of cars also. I added some pictures. Click on
below to see. The first few are the 57 merc flame job, then the puma
and me getting out of it (old man grunting) and then a few of the car
with the trophy. Dennis