CA-22: The Garbage Grove Freeway

Old January 15th 07, 11:19 PM posted to misc.transport.road,ca.driving,rec.autos.driving
Cameron Kaiser

Default CA-22: The Garbage Grove Freeway

Scott en Aztlan > writes:

>On Saturday, I drove the 22 for the first time since they began
>widening it. There's still some work left to do, but now there are
>more lanes, a carpool lane, major bottleneck interchanges such as the
>Orange Crush and Beach Boulevard (CA-39) have been reconfigured - a
>real improvement. And the ______cam was there to capture it all.
>Here's the digital hyperlink:
>http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...73168179435194

Very nice. Excellent use of fruit. And that time-compressed stop-and-go
really tricked me the first time. I thought we were about to see that
black SUV up close and really personal.

A couple things though:

Could you angle the camera more up? It seemed like all the overheads were
getting cut off.

Also, I know that CA 22 is longer than I-405. I think it goes all the way
out to CA 1 -- there are CA 22 postmiles still up, at least, past that
point. Dan Faigin has CA 1 has the terminus, but it could have changed ...

--
Cameron Kaiser * * posting with a Commodore 128
personal page:
Old January 16th 07, 03:13 AM posted to misc.transport.road,ca.driving,rec.autos.driving
MLOM

Scott en Aztlán wrote:
> Cameron Kaiser > said in rec.autos.driving:
>
> >Scott en Aztlan > writes:
> >
> >>On Saturday, I drove the 22 for the first time since they began
> >>widening it. There's still some work left to do, but now there are
> >>more lanes, a carpool lane, major bottleneck interchanges such as the
> >>Orange Crush and Beach Boulevard (CA-39) have been reconfigured - a
> >>real improvement. And the ______cam was there to capture it all.
> >>Here's the digital hyperlink:
> >>http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...73168179435194

> >Very nice. Excellent use of fruit. And that time-compressed stop-and-go
> >really tricked me the first time. I thought we were about to see that
> >black SUV up close and really personal.

> What time-compresison? My car really does accelerate and brake that
> fast, and my reflexes really are that lightning-quick.
>
> >Could you angle the camera more up? It seemed like all the overheads were
> >getting cut off.

> That's what we in the movie-making biz call "subjective viewpoint."
> It's meant to simulate the POV of the average driver, who of course
> fixes their gaze on the pavement 10 feet in front of their car.
>
> But seriously, that was an oversight (or should I say undersight?) on
> my part - it looked fine in the garage before I left home, but
> obviously I wasn't able to check it while I was driving, so I didn't
> notice the blunder until I got back home. I'm not such a perfectionist
> that I would go drive another 25 miles to shoot it all again, at least
> not right away. I'll probably make the run again when everything is
> all done and nicely landscaped.
>
> >Also, I know that CA 22 is longer than I-405. I think it goes all the way
> >out to CA 1

> Hmm... Maybe it's just the freeway portion that ends at the 405?
>
> Dangit, it took all night to upload that video to Google, and now I'm
> going to have to upload a correctred verison!
> --
> I hate speediots - especially Carl Troller.

On your next version...add some pieces of Total cereal and some acorns.
It would fit the common claim that California is full of fruits, nuts
and flakes.

Old January 16th 07, 04:15 AM posted to misc.transport.road,ca.driving,rec.autos.driving
Steven J. Sobol

In article >, Cameron Kaiser wrote:

>>http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...73168179435194

> Very nice. Excellent use of fruit. And that time-compressed stop-and-go
> really tricked me the first time. I thought we were about to see that
> black SUV up close and really personal.

I'm curious what you (Scott) used to add the titles and transitions.

> Also, I know that CA 22 is longer than I-405.

??

--
Steve Sobol, Professional Geek ** Java/VB/VC/PHP/Perl ** Linux/*BSD/Windows
Victorville, California PGP:0xE3AE35ED

It's all fun and games until someone starts a bonfire in the living room.
Old January 16th 07, 07:22 AM posted to misc.transport.road,ca.driving,rec.autos.driving
Ronnie Dobbs

Does Oscar the Grouch live on the Garbage Grove Freeway?

Old January 16th 07, 08:15 AM posted to misc.transport.road,ca.driving,rec.autos.driving
Random Waftings Of Bunker Blasts

On Tue, 16 Jan 2007 01:22:53 -0600, "Ronnie Dobbs" >
said:

>Does Oscar the Grouch live on the Garbage Grove Freeway?

I bet Oscar the Grouch's poo stinks from eating all that trash.

--

Buy my book about school bullying he

http://www.lulu.com/content/112781 (recommended)
http://search.barnesandnoble.com/boo...sbn=1411626559
Old January 16th 07, 01:58 PM posted to misc.transport.road,ca.driving,rec.autos.driving
Cameron Kaiser

Scott en Aztlan > writes:

>>>http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...73168179435194

>>Very nice. Excellent use of fruit. And that time-compressed stop-and-go
>>really tricked me the first time. I thought we were about to see that
>>black SUV up close and really personal.

>What time-compresison? My car really does accelerate and brake that
>fast, and my reflexes really are that lightning-quick.

My mistake.

>>Could you angle the camera more up? It seemed like all the overheads were
>>getting cut off.

>That's what we in the movie-making biz call "subjective viewpoint."
>It's meant to simulate the POV of the average driver, who of course
>fixes their gaze on the pavement 10 feet in front of their car.
>But seriously, that was an oversight (or should I say undersight?) on
>my part - it looked fine in the garage before I left home, but
>obviously I wasn't able to check it while I was driving, so I didn't
>notice the blunder until I got back home. I'm not such a perfectionist
>that I would go drive another 25 miles to shoot it all again, at least
>not right away. I'll probably make the run again when everything is
>all done and nicely landscaped.

Quite. On my runs I always hate finding out that I blew it and have to go
back and do retakes. Always better when you can do it in a bunch.

>>Also, I know that CA 22 is longer than I-405. I think it goes all the way
>>out to CA 1

>Hmm... Maybe it's just the freeway portion that ends at the 405?
>Dangit, it took all night to upload that video to Google, and now I'm
>going to have to upload a correctred verison!

Oh, yeah, definitely, the freeway ends at the 405. There's a semi-expressway
that trundles on after that which I've driven out to CA 1 with a few rather
quaint old bridge signs.

Old January 27th 07, 04:20 PM posted to misc.transport.road,ca.driving,rec.autos.driving
Andy Field

"Cameron Kaiser" > wrote in message

> Also, I know that CA 22 is longer than I-405. I think it goes all the way
> out to CA 1 -- there are CA 22 postmiles still up, at least, past that
> point. Dan Faigin has CA 1 has the terminus, but it could have changed ...

West CA 22 joins nb I-405 for a couple miles, then exits prior to the I-605
split. CA 22 follows E. 7th Street west to CA 1, the Pacific Coast Highway.
That is where CA 22 ends.

Regards,
Andy