T.SPARK Variator Questions Answered

Old August 24th 06, 07:15 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
biff

Default T.SPARK Variator Questions Answered

Hi Guys

I've owned Alfa's for a number of years and since my first alfa (145)
there has been alot of chat about the CAM belt replacements and worn
Variators. On one of my many quests to seek an answer i came across
this link.

http://home.hccnet.nl/jaap.bouma/PhaseVariator.htm

Seems an easy job for the avarage diy'er lol

Roger
156 Selespeed

Old August 25th 06, 07:43 AM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Jim[_2_]

biff wrote:
> Hi Guys
>
> I've owned Alfa's for a number of years and since my first alfa (145)
> there has been alot of chat about the CAM belt replacements and worn
> Variators. On one of my many quests to seek an answer i came across
> this link.
>
> http://home.hccnet.nl/jaap.bouma/PhaseVariator.htm
>
> Seems an easy job for the avarage diy'er lol
>
> Roger
> 156 Selespeed

JEEZ! I don't think I'll tackle that one....stick to cleaning out the
guttering!
Old August 25th 06, 12:51 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Pete[_1_]

On 24 Aug 2006 11:15:51 -0700, "biff" >,
wrote:

>Hi Guys
>
>I've owned Alfa's for a number of years and since my first alfa (145)
>there has been alot of chat about the CAM belt replacements and worn
>Variators. On one of my many quests to seek an answer i came across
>this link.
>
>http://home.hccnet.nl/jaap.bouma/PhaseVariator.htm
>
>Seems an easy job for the avarage diy'er lol
>
>Roger

Yep! Thanks for posting that link Roger.
After reading through that, with all the photos to help, I reckon I
can tackle pretty much anything with my 156.

It has inspired me to give my wing mirrors a clean :-)

Pete
--

156 2.0 TS (2001) - Proteo Rosso
Old August 25th 06, 08:26 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Stephen Poley

wrote:

>I've owned Alfa's for a number of years and since my first alfa (145)
>there has been alot of chat about the CAM belt replacements and worn
>Variators. On one of my many quests to seek an answer i came across
>this link.
>
>http://home.hccnet.nl/jaap.bouma/PhaseVariator.htm
>
>Seems an easy job for the avarage diy'er lol

Well, if you don't mind I'll stick to something a bit more
straightforward, such as nailing jelly to the ceiling.

--
Stephen Poley
Old August 28th 06, 10:14 AM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
savamac

Stephen Poley wrote:
> On 24 Aug 2006 11:15:51 -0700, "biff" >
> wrote:
>
> >I've owned Alfa's for a number of years and since my first alfa (145)
> >there has been alot of chat about the CAM belt replacements and worn
> >Variators. On one of my many quests to seek an answer i came across
> >this link.
> >
> >http://home.hccnet.nl/jaap.bouma/PhaseVariator.htm
> >
> >Seems an easy job for the avarage diy'er lol

> Well, if you don't mind I'll stick to something a bit more
> straightforward, such as nailing jelly to the ceiling.
>
> --
> Stephen Poley

Come on Stephen, are you man or mouse ?

As a limbering up exercise, I suggest you change one of the front
indicator bulbs on a 156 (without removing the front bumper and entire
lighting assembly) - after that, variator and cambelt is a doddle.