The Germans can do it. Why can't we?

Old August 11th 06, 11:06 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,soc.culture.cuba,alt.dads-rights.unmoderated,rec.music.beatles
IBen Getiner likes it in the rear

Default The Germans can do it. Why can't we?

Laura Bush murdered her boy friend wrote:
> Rob wrote:
> > On Fri, 11 Aug 2006 01:51:06 GMT, laura bush - VEHICULAR HOMICIDE
> > > wrote:

> > >Fortunately all americans are not psycho-homos like you who think
> > >endangering other drivers makes you a big man. Why do you let the
> > >media brainwash you into believing this "speed is cool" craziness?

> > Actually I'm not a speed freak like you would like to think I am.
> > Hell, my car is only 140 hp. I'm usually the guy in the middle of
> > traffic that goes with the flow of traffic and on an interstate, that
> > flow is almost always speeding unless you want to take your life in
> > your own hands.

> DON'T GIMME THAT ****. You don't HAVE to speed just cause others do. I
> always drive the limit or less and i have no problems and i know it's a
> lot safer for me. It may not be safer for all the idiot speeders who
> pass me but that's tough.!!!!!!!

Shut your flappy trap, retard. Drive like an imbecile and you'll get a
fender jammed into your fat old ass.

Old August 11th 06, 01:12 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
OM

Brent P wrote:

> The reason american cars had trouble passing is that US cars don't meet
> ECE vehicle lighting standards and have to be retrofitted to pass.
> Sealed beam cars are no problem for headlamps, but the signal lamps,
> brake lamps, rear fog lamp etc all have to meet ECE standards. European
> makes however for the USDOT just have to be altered to downgrade their
> headlamps.

That didn't keep people from registering their American-sourced vehicles
without conversion work. I've seen lot of Chrysler minivans with
American red taillamps, SAE/DOT headlamps, and such here in Germany.
Sometimes the conversion work is very minimal such as fitting the rear
red fog lamp underneath the bumper or ECE headlamp capsules.

American government insisted for many years on full conversion work to
meet its inferior US regulations before registering the vehicles. I
think Germany should return the favour by insisting on full conversion
work to ECE regulations. No buts, no ifs, no exceptions.

Stupid Americans for 'inventing' the safety regulations that have no
real-world benefits or are so different from the rest of the world. Even
Australians and Japanese are moving toward to full ECE regulations with
a few local variations thrown in. Even with much smaller population
size, Australians have much MORE choices of vehicles than the Americans.
Go down to Mexico and see how many brands and models are sold there
which aren't sold in the USA.

Wake up! Time is now to ditch the protective and restrictive laws and to
open the US market fully!
Old August 11th 06, 01:15 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
OM

http://gettingaroundgermany.home.att...tm#speedlimits
>> The thing you don't seem to grasp, when speed limits are used, they make
>> sense there. Have you driven any part of the Autobahn at all? I have. I'd
>> rather drive in congested traffic on the autobahn in a construction
>> zone than about 90% of the interstate driving I do here given my past
>> experience.
>>

> That's what I was getting at actually. How the speed limits are
> adapted to the conditions and not used where not needed. If I'm not
> mistaken, drivers are also trained better over there before they get a
> license. I also like how the left lane is pass only and I believe
> trucks mostly stay in the right lane. From everything I have heard,
> it's just so much more sensible of a system and obviously a better
> system according to the statistics I have seen. We don't need slower
> speeds, we just need better rules and better drivers and stricter
> enforcement against the bad drivers. I'll take a good driver doing 85
> over a bad driver doing 55 any day. The autobahn just proves that
> speed is not the problem, it's how you drive.

And eliminate the lawyers and 'leeways', too. No defensive driving
course in lieu of fines and points. No wishes for police officers to be
no-show at the court. No loopholes. Nothing but set fines and penalties.
No exceptions.
Old August 11th 06, 01:22 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Brent P[_1_]

In article >, OM wrote:

> Wake up! Time is now to ditch the protective and restrictive laws and to
> open the US market fully!

preaching to choir.

Old August 11th 06, 01:22 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime
OM

Default The Germans can do it. Why can't we MURDER LAURA?

Laura Bush murdered her boy friend wrote:
> Rob wrote:
>> On Fri, 11 Aug 2006 01:51:06 GMT, laura bush - VEHICULAR HOMICIDE
>> > wrote:

>>> Fortunately all americans are not psycho-homos like you who think
>>> endangering other drivers makes you a big man. Why do you let the
>>> media brainwash you into believing this "speed is cool" craziness?

>> Actually I'm not a speed freak like you would like to think I am.
>> Hell, my car is only 140 hp. I'm usually the guy in the middle of
>> traffic that goes with the flow of traffic and on an interstate, that
>> flow is almost always speeding unless you want to take your life in
>> your own hands.

> DON'T GIMME THAT ****. You don't HAVE to speed just cause others do. I
> always drive the limit or less and i have no problems and i know it's a
> lot safer for me. It may not be safer for all the idiot speeders who
> pass me but that's tough.!!!!!!!

Now, explain to me why the drivers like you have been source of road
rage and unusual high number of accidents on I-25 between Denver and
Colorado Springs. Police officers reported that lot of drivers like you
are often the reason. They wanted to ticket those drivers for obscuring
the traffic flow. Now, they do have the law in Colorado giving them the
reason! It's called 'Stay on Right except to pass' law.

Now, explain to me why Texas raised its speed limit to 80mph in the
western part of Texas. So are several other states who saw the MERIT of
raising the speed limit to match the actual percentile.

Now, explain to me why I shall not cry at your funeral, Laura.
Old August 11th 06, 01:28 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
OM

Brent P wrote:
> In article >, OM wrote:
>
>> Wake up! Time is now to ditch the protective and restrictive laws and to
>> open the US market fully!

> preaching to choir.

So I take it you don't care about what is going on with US and what is
happening with your government. Fine, suit yourself when the shadow
government takes over and imposes the martial law on the American
population. Don't believe me? Google 'coup d'etat' and see what is
happening with the US...

So utterly sad. Americans don't know what's in store for themselves in
the coming time if they don't wake up.
Old August 11th 06, 02:02 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Brent P[_1_]

In article >, OM wrote:

> Brent P wrote:
>> In article >, OM wrote:
>>
>>> Wake up! Time is now to ditch the protective and restrictive laws and to
>>> open the US market fully!

>> preaching to choir.
>>

> So I take it you don't care about what is going on with US and what is
> happening with your government. Fine, suit yourself when the shadow
> government takes over and imposes the martial law on the American
> population. Don't believe me? Google 'coup d'etat' and see what is
> happening with the US...
>
> So utterly sad. Americans don't know what's in store for themselves in
> the coming time if they don't wake up.

What is your malfunction? As far signal lighting it's been discussed here
at length, glad you're with the program. As far as politics see my other
posts and grow a clue.

If these last two posts are some lame attempt at humor, grow up.

Old August 11th 06, 03:17 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Eeyore[_1_]

Rob wrote:

> Our interstates should be like this. According to everything I have
> read, their accident rates are no higher than ours. They may even be
> lower.

*May* be lower ! LMAO ! The US accident rates are atrociously high.

Take a look at this. It shows the *cost* of road deaths for the USA to be 4.6%
of GDP. The highest figure in the *world* !
http://www.factbook.net/EGRF_Economic_costs.htm

The German road death rate is about half the US rate and in the UK it's ~ 1/3rd
your rate.

Better driver education, less aggressive driving and better road layout all
plays a prt.

Graham

Old August 11th 06, 03:20 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Eeyore[_1_]

Brent P wrote:

> I saw all sorts of vehicles on the roads and I wasn't there long. While
> there weren't any rusty heaps like I see in chicago, I saw several US
> vehicles. Including an early 80s GM Fbody and an early 80s/late 70s GM
> station wagon. These cars would have been pushing 20 years old at the
> time.

So what ? Age isn't an issue. Cars have to be maintained well to pass their annual
inspections.

Graham

Old August 11th 06, 03:22 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Eeyore[_1_]

Brent P wrote:

> European
> makes however for the USDOT just have to be altered to downgrade their
> headlamps.

Tell me about your inferior headlights please.

Graham