Sending speeding ticket through mail

Old April 22nd 06, 08:45 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

Default Sending speeding ticket through mail

I drove past a cop who was aparantly with a speed gun. He did not stop
me or anything. I'm just wondering is it legal in MI to send speeding
ticket in mail. If yes, how likely it is?

Old April 25th 06, 09:37 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

Alex Rodriguez wrote:
> In article . com>,
> says...
>
> >Alex Rodriguez wrote:
> >> In article . com>,

says...

> >> Legal yes, but still stupid. No way for the cop to know who was driving the
> >> car unless he stops the car and ID's the driver. A speeding ticket is given
> >> to a driver, not a car.

> >In that case the owner has a decision to make. But the ticket is still
> >valid and really does serve a purpose.

> The ticket is only an accusation, so in that sense it is valid. Conviction is
> really impossible unless the driver is really stupid. The officer did not stop
> the car and ID the driver, so he can't testify as to who the driver was.

But as we all know ID'ing the driver isn't always a requirement.

> I'm
> sure that simple fact won't stop a stupid cop from wasting someone elses time.

Actually if the driver was speeding I would call the officer smart and
give the driver the stupid award.

Old April 28th 06, 08:51 PM posted to rec.autos.driving

In article .com>,
says...

>Alex Rodriguez wrote:
>> In article . com>,

says...

says...

the

given

>> >In that case the owner has a decision to make. But the ticket is still
>> >valid and really does serve a purpose.

>> The ticket is only an accusation, so in that sense it is valid. Conviction

is
>> really impossible unless the driver is really stupid. The officer did not

stop
>> the car and ID the driver, so he can't testify as to who the driver was.

>But as we all know ID'ing the driver isn't always a requirement.

For a moving violation it is.

>> I'm
>> sure that simple fact won't stop a stupid cop from wasting someone elses

time.

>Actually if the driver was speeding I would call the officer smart and
>give the driver the stupid award.

If the driver was stupid enough to get convicted, then you are right.
Alex