99' Explorer Speedometer

Old January 1st 07, 06:30 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
dosio

Default 99' Explorer Speedometer

Hi everyone,
I've got Explorer 99' , sport , 4x4, OHV engine. Recently I've noticed
speedometer' lights quit on me, and only one is working. Is anybody have
experience of replacing the bulbs? Do I need to take the speedometer out or
I can reach it underneath? I'll be very appreciated for any inputs
Thanks in advance

Old January 1st 07, 07:01 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
[email protected]

dosio wrote:
> Hi everyone,
> I've got Explorer 99' , sport , 4x4, OHV engine. Recently I've noticed
> speedometer' lights quit on me, and only one is working. Is anybody have
> experience of replacing the bulbs? Do I need to take the speedometer out or
> I can reach it underneath? I'll be very appreciated for any inputs
> Thanks in advance

I replaced the speedo on my '94. It required removing the instrument
panel, and I'm sure it's the same to replace the bulbs for your '99.
If you have a Haynes manual or similar, check that. Autozone may have
an online procedure if you don't have a manual. It's very helpful to
have a procedure to follow as it will tell you what to remove and in
what order.

The hardest part for me was getting the wiring harness disconnected. I
could barely get my hand in there.
Good luck with it.
-Paul

Old January 1st 07, 08:54 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
dosio

Thanks for the info Paul, I'll check it out
Dosio
oups.com...