Support Our Troops!!

Old November 18th 06, 12:34 AM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime
Dt Lemons 1900

Default Support Our Troops!!

"Dan J.S." > wrote in message

> "Dt Lemons 1900" <YEAHRIGHT> wrote in message
> m...
>> FORT CAMPBELL, Kentucky (AP) -- One of four U.S. soldiers accused of
>> raping an Iraqi girl last spring and killing her and her family pleaded
>> guilty Wednesday and will testify against the others.
>>
>> Spc. James P. Barker agreed to the plea deal to avoid the death penalty,
>> said his civilian attorney, David Sheldon.
>>
>> The killings March 12 in Mahmoudiya, a village about 20 miles south of
>> Baghdad, were among the worst in a series of alleged attacks on civilians
>> and other abuses by military personnel in Iraq.
>>
>> Sgt. Paul E. Cortez and Pfc. Jesse V. Spielman, both members of the 101st
>> Airborne Division with Barker, could face the death penalty if convicted
>> in the case in courts-martial at Fort Campbell.
>>
>> The alleged ringleader, former Army private Steve Green, 21, pleaded not
>> guilty last week to charges including murder and sexual assault.
>>
>> Green was discharged from the Army for a "personality disorder" before
>> the allegations became known, and prosecutors have yet to say if they
>> will pursue the death penalty against him.
>>
>> The indictment accuses Green and others of raping the girl and burning
>> her body to conceal their crimes. It also alleges that Green and four
>> others stationed at a nearby checkpoint killed the girl's father, mother
>> and 6-year-old sister.
>>
>> Barker has given investigators vivid accounts of the assault.
>>

> So a few bad apples make them all bad? Oooh I can start generalizing about
> blacks, jews, arabs and every other race or religious sect!! Shows
> maturity!!

Did I say they all were bad??

Old November 18th 06, 06:33 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime
I dont know

Larry Bud wrote:
>>Amazing isn't it. These monsters we have in the military and then the
>>media tells us they're "serving their country"!!!

> There are monsters in all occupations. A betting man would say
> there's a hell of a lot less percentage of monters in the military than
> in your shallow gene pool.

The problem with the gene pool is that there is no life guard.
Old November 18th 06, 07:43 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime
MLOM

I dont know wrote:
> Larry Bud wrote:
> >>Amazing isn't it. These monsters we have in the military and then the
> >>media tells us they're "serving their country"!!!

> > There are monsters in all occupations. A betting man would say
> > there's a hell of a lot less percentage of monters in the military than
> > in your shallow gene pool.
> >

> The problem with the gene pool is that there is no life guard.

And too many sharks.

Old November 18th 06, 08:35 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime
GK

Dt Lemons 1900 wrote:
> FORT CAMPBELL, Kentucky (AP) -- One of four U.S. soldiers accused of raping
> an Iraqi girl last spring and killing her and her family pleaded guilty
> Wednesday and will testify against the others.
>
> Spc. James P. Barker agreed to the plea deal to avoid the death penalty,
> said his civilian attorney, David Sheldon.
>
> The killings March 12 in Mahmoudiya, a village about 20 miles south of
> Baghdad, were among the worst in a series of alleged attacks on civilians
> and other abuses by military personnel in Iraq.
>
> Sgt. Paul E. Cortez and Pfc. Jesse V. Spielman, both members of the 101st
> Airborne Division with Barker, could face the death penalty if convicted in
> the case in courts-martial at Fort Campbell.
>
> The alleged ringleader, former Army private Steve Green, 21, pleaded not
> guilty last week to charges including murder and sexual assault.
>
> Green was discharged from the Army for a "personality disorder" before the
> allegations became known, and prosecutors have yet to say if they will
> pursue the death penalty against him.
>
> The indictment accuses Green and others of raping the girl and burning her
> body to conceal their crimes. It also alleges that Green and four others
> stationed at a nearby checkpoint killed the girl's father, mother and
> 6-year-old sister.
>
> Barker has given investigators vivid accounts of the assault.

Well hey, it's supposed to be a war.
To me a war means no rules, anything goes, shoot, kill, burn anybody you
feel like shooting and anybody else gets to shoot, kill, burn you if
they feel like it.

What get's me is afterwards all these holier than thou armchair
quarterbacks that never got their shoes muddy start pointing fingers and
looking to hang people for participating in a war that wasn't their idea
to begin with.

Support Our Troops or jump in the trenches with them, but don't apply
peacetime ethics and rules to the hell that is war.

Old November 18th 06, 08:47 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime
I dont know

MLOM wrote:

>>The problem with the gene pool is that there is no life guard.

> And too many sharks.

I would argue that there aren't enough sharks.
Old November 18th 06, 09:11 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime
MLOM

I dont know wrote:
> MLOM wrote:
>

> >>The problem with the gene pool is that there is no life guard.

> > And too many sharks.
> >

> I would argue that there aren't enough sharks.

Sounds like the old story that sharks do not attack lawyers due to
professional courtesy.

Old November 18th 06, 11:03 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime
Andrew Tompkins

Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS wrote:
> On 16 Nov 2006 10:29:10 -0800, "Larry Bud" >
> wrote:
>

>> Laura Bush murdered her boy friend wrote:

>>> Hey big talk. If you're so high on the military, why don't you
>>> enlist?

>> I'm too old for regular army, jackass.

> Then shut you mouf. If you won't serve, then you can't say you
> support the troops.

Someone's gotta hold down the fort and pay for the war (a lot more
someone's than actually fight the war). And build the bullets, bombs,
guns, tanks, trucks, airplanes, missiles, boats and ships.

--
--Andy
Andrew G. Tompkins

Old November 18th 06, 11:10 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime
[email protected]

Yes there are rules in war; as anyone who has served during wartime
knows; and anyone who cares to research the subject can find out. No,
'anything' does not go. Rape has NEVER been acceptable by the United
States military as anything other than a felony punishable by prison or
the death penalty.
Anyone who would excuse the crime of rape and murder by our servicemen
is an ignorant piece of **** and should shut the **** up. It's bad
enough that the honor that used to come with wearing the uniform of the
United States has been so degraded and soiled by the likes of people
that think like you and all other republicans; but I've had enough of
it. Just shut your ****ing mouth.

Old November 19th 06, 04:31 PM posted to rec.autos.driving,misc.transport.road,alt.law-enforcement.traffic,talk.politics.misc,alt.true-crime
GK

wrote:
> Yes there are rules in war; as anyone who has served during wartime
> knows; and anyone who cares to research the subject can find out. No,
> 'anything' does not go. Rape has NEVER been acceptable by the United
> States military as anything other than a felony punishable by prison or
> the death penalty.
> Anyone who would excuse the crime of rape and murder by our servicemen
> is an ignorant piece of **** and should shut the **** up. It's bad
> enough that the honor that used to come with wearing the uniform of the
> United States has been so degraded and soiled by the likes of people
> that think like you and all other republicans; but I've had enough of
> it. Just shut your ****ing mouth.

You may have been indoctrinated by those who assumed a position of
authority above you and told that there are rules, but for me, I make my
own rules, and one is if you put me into a war and give me a gun, I make
my own rules.