Please help!!!! My 2002 Saturn SL 1 is stalling

Old July 19th 06, 12:40 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
[email protected]

Default Please help!!!! My 2002 Saturn SL 1 is stalling

I am having problems with my Saturn and was even considering trading it
in. The car has about 38,000 miles on it. I had the 35,000 mile tune
up, oil changes every 3000 miles, spark plugs changed, ignition coils &
modules change etc... This car keeps giving me a hard time when I start
it up. Sometimes it takes up to 3 tries for the engine to start.
Sometimes when my car is in drive and I am at a red light or stop sign
it cuts off so every time that I stop at a red like I immediately put
it in park. It doesn't cut of then. Do you have an idea of what could
be wrong? I took the car to the dealer and they couldn't find anything
wrong. However, there is something definitely wrong. I want to take a
road trip this summer ,but cannot go because I don't have reliable
transportation. Help!!!

Old July 20th 06, 12:19 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
marx404

If the fuel injection system and throttle body have been cleaned, then there
is a chance that the fuel filter is clogged. Our '94 Sl1 had a bad fuel
filter, it was located in the gas tank, ergo, the tank had to be dropped,
gas spilled out and filter changed, car runs perfect. I have seen many older
Saturns that havent been driven enough and sat thus causing the fuel to get
gunky and clog up the fuel filter. Our symptoms were the same as yours. You
can also try getting some Chevron Techron additive and put that in whenever
you fill up, if that makes a change, you problably have a bad fuel filter.

marx404

Saturn SL1 2002 sable024 Saturn 4 November 1st 05 07:38 PM
Saturn horror stories- could (will) happen to you! [email protected] Saturn 3 June 22nd 05 12:49 AM
Forza Car List Rob Berryhill Simulators 19 May 7th 05 11:37 PM
Why all the cracked heads, oil burning,etc. here? [email protected] Saturn 11 March 28th 05 09:39 PM
Saturn Lemons- epidemic flaws, engine cracks, ball joints misterfact Antique cars 0 January 6th 04 06:04 PM