NO AC after PCM flash on 2000 SL2

Old July 16th 06, 04:33 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
[email protected]

Default NO AC after PCM flash on 2000 SL2

Hello,

Today I took my 2000 SL2 to the dealer to have the PCM flashed. I had
added factory cruise control components, but the car didn't recognise
it. I have been told by several people that just flashing the PCM
would solve this.

Well, when I took my car into the dealer everything was working except
for the cruise I had added.

They came out and told me they upgraded the PCM to the latest code that
had a bunch of improvements. Well, then they returned my car, but
asked me if the airbag light had been on. I told them yes, but only
when I had been running the car with no airbag connected. Once I put
the airbag module back on, there was no airbag light. Then they told
me they would have to dive in and do more diagnostics (well at $91 an
hour, I wasn't up for that) so I told them I would take th car.

Then I got going down the road and I noticed that the AC would not come
on. I turned around and went back to the dealer and asked if there was
any reason the AC should not come on. Well the service forman jumped
in the car and took it back into the shop. After an hour they came out
and told me they didn't have time to look at my car right now, but they
would spend some more time with it later if I could leave it with them.

At the end of the day, they called me and said they had spent 3-4 hours
on my car, that they were not going to charge me for, but to do any
further diagnostics, they would have to charge me for 2 hours $182.
UUGH. Now I am wondering if I should just buy a used PCM.

Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Is the BCM involved with the AC and Cruise Control at all, or should I
just concentrate on the PCM?

Please reply here and e-mail me if possible....

Old July 19th 06, 10:42 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
Private

Default Why I do it myself

"wavy" > wrote in message
oups.com...
>I had almost forgotten why I go through the skinned knuckles, smashed
> fingers and general discomfort from unnatural positions... the heat,
> dust, foaming vile liquids and yucky black grease that wont come off
> your hands, arms and elbows... the toil, the out and out strain
> (mental included) of a tough and frustrating mechanical challenge... .
>
> Thanks for reminding me...
> -WaVy
>
> (currently accepting memberships applications for the good church of
> ethical mechanics)

Well said.