97 TJ passenger seat

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old March 28th 05, 10:49 PM
Dave Milne

The quality of the pull mechanism is laughable - there is a wire which goes
into a cheap plastic box and engages into a slider inside. From the other
end of the slider there are two wires coming out. The problem is that the
wires engage into the slider by a push fit, and wear causes them to pop out.
I cut the a hatch into the plastic box , made a slider out of a bit of scrap
metal properly crimping it onto all 3 wires, and closed and braced the
plastic box with ties and a bit of sheet metal. It has lasted 3 years so
far, which is longer than the original did.

Dave Milne, Scotland
'91 Grand Wagoneer, '99 TJ

"Paw" > wrote in message ...
> har! My 98 TJ over the weekend broke just how you describe - can't get
> it to work with the pull tab anymore... If I reach over the top and push

up
> on the plastic tab, then I can get it to move... but something below is
> either stuck/broke - and w/ the rain like it is today, I am not going to

try