98' Explorer 2WD Steering Rack

Old July 4th 08, 05:24 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer
dosio

Default 98' Explorer 2WD Steering Rack

Hi everyone,
I come across a problem , trying to pin point. Recently when truck is not
moving but engine running , turning the steering wheels ether left or right
, I get very noticeable vibration on steering wheel. Check oil , it was
fine. If truck is loaded with something heaver, by turning the steering
wheel ether direction , steering oil start to spit out thorough the cap(it
has little breathable hole) Two days ago I change new pump from AutoZone
and still doing it. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks
Konstantin

Old July 7th 08, 04:02 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.explorer

I think you'll find that there is air in the system... The Ford dealer has a
tool for purging the system... it works well... If you are patient, the air
should work it's own way out of the system... hopefully before any damage is
done.... If all else fails... a good tech at a good dealer can fix you up...
at fair market value.

"dosio" > wrote in message
. ..
> Hi everyone,
> I come across a problem , trying to pin point. Recently when truck is not
> moving but engine running , turning the steering wheels ether left or
> right , I get very noticeable vibration on steering wheel. Check oil , it
> was fine. If truck is loaded with something heaver, by turning the
> steering wheel ether direction , steering oil start to spit out thorough
> the cap(it has little breathable hole) Two days ago I change new pump
> from AutoZone and still doing it. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
> Thanks
> Konstantin

Replace Steering Rack Boot 95 Explorer EB plex4r Ford Explorer 2 August 18th 08 10:14 PM
97 Explorer Steering Noise Rack??? Pump???? [email protected] Ford Explorer 2 August 18th 07 03:37 AM
Pulsation in steering wheel caused by power steering pump or rack? [email protected] Technology 2 January 30th 06 03:53 PM
Steering rack? XS11E Mazda 1 March 21st 05 12:17 AM
Steering Rack Daniel J. Stern Technology 11 February 9th 05 03:33 PM