CAN protocol?

Old August 24th 06, 12:47 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Abby Normal[_2_]

Default CAN protocol?

My '97 ZJ (grand cherokee) has a stamp in the engine bay that reads "Made in
Cananda". Does this mean that it has a CAN protocol regarding a OBDII
scanner? I'm looking to purchase a scanner, and don't want to buy the wrong
one.

Thanks

Old August 24th 06, 06:51 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III[_1_]

I can't believe the Environmental Protection Agency that requires
On-Board Diagnostics II being anything other than an a Bleeding heart
liberal wacko greenie limp's screw up: therefore there would only be an
American standard.
God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old August 24th 06, 11:00 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Coasty[_1_]

A scanner is a scanner is a scanner
Coasty

Old August 24th 06, 09:20 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Abby Normal[_2_]

Thanks....

Old August 24th 06, 10:59 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
L.W.(Bill) Hughes III[_1_]

Thanks, I assumed CAN meant Canadian.
God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O
http://www.billhughes.com/

Old August 24th 06, 11:16 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.jeep+willys
Abby Normal[_2_]

L.W.(Bill) Hughes III wrote:
> Thanks, I assumed CAN meant Canadian.

I did too...