Another stupid VIN number request

Old April 5th 06, 03:53 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Default Another stupid VIN number request

Hello, all. I asked you guys for help with the 65 Mustang convertible a
long time back, and you came through.
I know you get sick of these requests, but this one's for another
antique, and if we can make sure it's legal, I get to drive it this
summer to work, which Hagerty gets all twitchy about with the
convertible (well, you know, someone might just breathe on it or
something...).
Anyway, we picked up a 1968 Torino which has seen better days, but it's
pretty solid and we want to make sure we haven't been suckered. Well,
I do, anyway. It's a cool car and looks fast sitting still.
So, it's still got Missouri plates JBH-067 that expired in 1985, and
the VIN is 8K42F182641. So, since it's less than 17 characters, it
throws all the computer programs into a hissy.
Anyway, hi, I'm kat, and I'll be in the faded blue Torino running
through Rhinelander, WI this summer.
Anywhoots, thanks in advance
kat >^.^<
in Rhinelander
Home of the Hodag

Old April 5th 06, 04:42 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

In article .com>, "kat >^.^ wrote:

> the VIN is 8K42F182641. So, since it's less than 17 characters, it

It's a '68, built in Kansas City and came with 302 2bbl V8. I don't know
torino body codes so not sure what a 42 translates to.

Old April 5th 06, 03:19 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

8K42F182641
8-- model year 1968
k-- assembly plant Kansas city
42--series code in 68 this was gt hardtop 2 door fastback
f--engine code 68 up 302 2-v
182641--unit number (what number off the line)
info from ford master parts catalog 1971 edition

Old April 6th 06, 11:58 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Thank you, Brent and Walt. That describes it to a T.
With Missouri license plates, it sounds like this fellow never got far
from the farm until after it was retired!
Y'all have a nice day now-
kat >^.^<
in Rhinelander

Old April 7th 06, 06:37 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Lucky.

--
Mark

Old April 8th 06, 12:57 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

You ain't kidding.
And we'll get the Goldwing and Shadow out of storage as soon as there's
a good rain to clean the salt and sand off of the roads. Vroom!
>^.^<

Wisconsin summers are waaaayyyy too short

Old April 8th 06, 02:50 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

In article .com>, "kat >^.^<" > wrote:
>You ain't kidding.
>And we'll get the Goldwing and Shadow out of storage as soon as there's
>a good rain to clean the salt and sand off of the roads. Vroom!
>>^.^<

>Wisconsin summers are waaaayyyy too short

Guess you don't share my pain in deciding between the Harley or the 89 5.0 GT
convertible for tomorrow, huh?
Old April 8th 06, 02:56 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Decisions, decisions.
Let your errand list be your guide. Groceries? You have to have a
pretty big set of saddle bags...
kat >^.^<
wishwashious vehiculous drivicus domesticus

(wishywashy everyday kind of driver)