Ping Speedy

Old December 19th 04, 02:44 AM
jjs

"Everbody" > wrote in message
> Why depend on a damn wimpy fuse? If your car needs 100 amps, give it up!
> The wires supplying it will let you know by turning red or setting
> something nearby on fire. No bright red wires, no fire, no problem!

Or use #2 cable. It can't burn. Works for me.

Old December 19th 04, 09:03 PM
Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliott

On 12/18/2004 5:45 PM ThaDriver wrote:

> Or you can try the old "add a relay" trick to lessen the load on your
> switch.

I already have one. That wasn't the point of the post -- the switch had
not failed, nor the relay, but a fuse inline with the bendix had popped.
Knowing the typical current draw of the solenoid (30A @ pull-in, thanks
Rapid James) provided a darn good reason why the 15A fuse had popped.
The thread then forked into to a discussion about fusing high current
lines and other High Thoughts. Further contemplation (along with barbs
from helpful RAMVA-ites) has convinced me that the fuse is probably
superfluous anyway, though the argument can be made that EVERY wire on
an old vehicle like this should be fused.

--
Mike "Rocket J Squirrel" Elliott
71 Type 2: the Wonderbus

Actual Test Answers Music Teachers Have Recieved, #8:
When a singer sings, he stirs up the air and makes it hit any
passing eardrums. But if he is good, he knows how to keep it
from hurting.
------------------------------------
Old December 20th 04, 02:38 AM
MUADIB®

>We have ways to make you talk! Everyone hold him down while I make him
>look at this picture of Michael Jackson naked!

You're SICK!...............Aow............Maaaaan!

That is Truely Sick!!!

Run, Quick James, Run!

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply

MUADIB®

http://www.angelfire.com/retro/sster...IN%20PAGE.html

one small step for man,.....
One giant leap for attorneys.
Old December 20th 04, 02:46 AM
Charles Fregeau

et> wrote in message
> On 12/18/2004 5:31 PM Speedy Jim wrote:
>
>> Mike Rocket J. Squirrel Elliott wrote:

>>> 30A? Well, that goes a long way toward explaining why the fuse popped!
>>> Thanks, Jim! Where'd you find the spec?
>>>

>> Oh, I have my sources <g>,

> We have ways to make you talk! Everyone hold him down while I make him
> look at this picture of Michael Jackson naked!
>
> --
> Mike "Rocket J Squirrel" Elliott
> 71 Type 2: the Wonderbus
> 84 Westphalia: "Mellow Yellow (The Electrical Banana)"
> KG6RCR

Eww. Gross. An old white woman.

Charles of Kankakee
N5HSR/9

PING: Ted Mittlestadt Dan Larsen Chrysler 25 January 10th 07 01:53 AM
PING ßill Hughes --- Adjustment tool for Quadrajet Rich Hampel Jeep 4 January 8th 05 03:33 PM
Ping: Jerry Bransford Chad Fraker Jeep 2 January 4th 05 02:45 AM
ping Daniel Stern was Starving 95 Neon Bill 2 Chrysler 38 November 2nd 04 12:15 AM