Front Bumper

Old January 29th 05, 05:55 PM
M Burnside

Default Front Bumper

Hi

My wife just came home and told me she hit the front bumper off a large rock
will pulling out of a drive way. It will need a replacement bumper and I
have a few questions that I hope some of you can answer. By the way it's a
ION 2004 Sedan 1.

1) How much does a front bumper cost?
2) Is it easy to replace or will I need to get it done professional? I have
a bit of experience but not much. Also is it just held on by bolts?
3) Anyone know of any web sites that sell bumpers? I had a quick look on
google but the sites that it listed none of them sold bumpers just hoods and
fenders.

Thanks

Old January 30th 05, 05:07 PM
pnsman64

You may try to look up fasica instead of bumper to find this part. If you
have to get one from the dealer let him paint it b4 you install it. They are
very easy to replace and you could do it yourself. They are held in place by
several pushpins and 2 small screws in the front wheel liners and 4 small
screws up top between the headlamps. Remove the headlamps (2 pins on each)
remove the top 4 screws then the 2 in the wheelliner. Now remove all the
pushpins in front and under the fascia. When these all all removed simply
pull the fascia off the fenders by pulling outward (this my take a small
tug) see piece of cake, you can do this. Good luck

Old February 1st 05, 03:36 AM

I chrunched my Ion front bumper into hard plowed snow that pushed the
damn thing down,I have the little "stinger" lights as I call them,the
lights were pointed VERY low on the road.Had a tech pull it back,I
didnt want to crack off any thing,you'd think there'd be more
reinforcement behind the damn thing!!.On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 10:07:31

Old February 1st 05, 03:47 AM
blah blah

I'm sure there was a hell of a lot of force applied it. Better the
brackets give rather than break. Bumpers on cars are crumple zones, not
snow plows.

In article >, sturg57
@sbcglobal.net says...

Old February 1st 05, 04:18 AM
pnsman64

LOL on the snow plow!

Old February 3rd 05, 02:44 AM

wasn't trying to plow .On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 21:18:53 -0600, "pnsman64"

Old February 14th 05, 04:22 AM
Richard

I've used this site to find local used parts:
www.car-parts.com also www.u-r-g.com

"pnsman64" > wrote in message
> You may try to look up fasica instead of bumper to find this part. If you
> have to get one from the dealer let him paint it b4 you install it. They

are
> very easy to replace and you could do it yourself. They are held in place

by
> several pushpins and 2 small screws in the front wheel liners and 4 small
> screws up top between the headlamps. Remove the headlamps (2 pins on each)
> remove the top 4 screws then the 2 in the wheelliner. Now remove all the
> pushpins in front and under the fascia. When these all all removed simply
> pull the fascia off the fenders by pulling outward (this my take a small
> tug) see piece of cake, you can do this. Good luck
>

> "M Burnside" > wrote in message
> > Hi
> >
> > My wife just came home and told me she hit the front bumper off a large
> > rock will pulling out of a drive way. It will need a replacement bumper
> > and I have a few questions that I hope some of you can answer. By the

way
> > it's a ION 2004 Sedan 1.
> >
> > 1) How much does a front bumper cost?
> > 2) Is it easy to replace or will I need to get it done professional? I
> > have a bit of experience but not much. Also is it just held on by

bolts?
> > 3) Anyone know of any web sites that sell bumpers? I had a quick look

on
> > google but the sites that it listed none of them sold bumpers just hoods
> > and fenders.
> >
> > Thanks

Replacing front bumper on 04 GT? japhar81 Ford Mustang 10 January 31st 05 02:46 AM
I got a front bumper! jbjeep Jeep 1 January 11th 05 12:08 AM
WTB C5 front bumper cover & pass. fr fender radar Corvette 0 December 28th 04 08:16 PM