Anyone ever try the Ford blower

Old June 11th 06, 07:17 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Default Anyone ever try the Ford blower

Hi guys.

I was on the Fordracingparts.com website tonite.

They are advertising their 79-93 5.0 superchargers, both 6 and 9 lb, for $1,750US.

That seems like a pretty good deal, and apparently, they don't require an oil line.

Anyone have any experience with these blowers?

Thx.

Brad

Old June 11th 06, 07:06 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

BradandBrooks wrote:
> Hi guys.
>
> I was on the Fordracingparts.com website tonite.
>
> They are advertising their 79-93 5.0 superchargers, both 6 and 9 lb, for
> $1,750US.
>
> That seems like a pretty good deal, and apparently, they don't require
> an oil line.
>
> Anyone have any experience with these blowers?

They are basically a Powerdyne unit. Last I heard about them is they
have a problem with the internal drive belts snapping after some use. I
also heard there are kevlar belts available they last longer and can be
used as replacements.

Personally, I would look at the centrifugals from Paxton or Vortech as I
think they are built better and are more durable. The Paxton Novi 1000
is a great budget blower. Don't be afraid of installing an oil line. It
is easy and greatly helps the longevity of the supercharger.
Old June 11th 06, 09:08 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

BradandBrooks wrote:
> Hi guys.
>
> I was on the Fordracingparts.com website tonite.
>
> They are advertising their 79-93 5.0 superchargers, both 6 and 9 lb, for
> $1,750US.
>
> That seems like a pretty good deal, and apparently, they don't require
> an oil line.
>
> Anyone have any experience with these blowers?
>
> Thx.
>
> Brad

The 9 lb unit doesn't have a C.A.R.B. number(It's not street legal)
They do look like Powerdynes.
http://www.proficientperformance.com...ode=K10170-101

--
Tropic Green Y2K Mustang GT
W/bits & pieces
Old June 12th 06, 02:57 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

I have one installed on my car. I know they arent the best s/c on the market
but it suited my needs better then the rest of them. I have an '88 ASC
McLaren and want to be able to take the s/c off w/o leaving any permanent
damage to the oil pan or big strain on the motor. Aside of that it was
extremely affordable and in the Ford catalog. Make sure it is at least the
BD11 or BD11a. There is a newer model that gives upto 18psi but costs much
more and requires oil line too.