Nascar Simulation New Video at EA

Old January 12th 05, 02:44 AM
Braddo

Default Nascar Simulation New Video at EA

Just received this in email

http://www.easports.com/games/nascar.../exclusive.jsp

Old January 12th 05, 03:20 AM
Bruce Kennewell

Why do these releases (previews) have to be accompanied by "exciting"
music??!
Far better to simply incorporate the real-life sounds, IMO.

BK

Old January 12th 05, 03:24 AM
Phillip Malphrus, Jr

thats great, you see cars flip over the wall off of turn 4 at Indy all the
time in real life. lol

Old January 12th 05, 03:27 AM
mjones53

not holding my breath still looks very arcade, can't see it beating NR2003.

Old January 12th 05, 03:32 AM
JP

"mjones53" > wrote in message
> not holding my breath still looks very arcade, can't see it beating

NR2003.

How *exactly* does it look arcade ? Just curious.

Old January 12th 05, 03:36 AM
mjones53

the hands on the wheel, look jerky, maybe they were using the keypad or
something.

Old January 12th 05, 04:04 AM
Alan Le

> the hands on the wheel, look jerky, maybe they were using the keypad or
> something.

Hands on the wheel looked fine to me... like someone with a bad setup doing
too much steering. Honestly, other than the 38 car going airborne from what
looked like minimal contact, I didn't see anything indicating it'll be worse
than, the same as, or better than NR2003.

Alan

Old January 12th 05, 04:42 AM
JP

"Alan Le" > wrote in message
m...
> > the hands on the wheel, look jerky, maybe they were using the keypad or
> > something.

> Hands on the wheel looked fine to me... like someone with a bad setup

doing
> too much steering. Honestly, other than the 38 car going airborne from

what
> looked like minimal contact, I didn't see anything indicating it'll be

worse
> than, the same as, or better than NR2003.
>
> Alan

Exactly.

Old January 12th 05, 04:44 AM
JP

Pretty poor basis for labeling a game arcade, as many things could cause
that. Didn't see that myself anyway.

Btw, the Papy games can be steered via keypad keys too. Must be arcade I
guess <g>

Old January 12th 05, 05:06 AM
ymenard

>"Braddo" > wrote
> http://www.easports.com/games/nascar.../exclusive.jsp

Looks like they are cloning everything Papyrus has done. Really it's all
there, from the GUI to the replays and all. You know, anybody could do the
same movie with NR2003 and tight editing, bing bang whoosh sounds and rock
music. The way the car goes down the apron is laughable at Bristol. Take
this the guy who was whining about N3's apron. N3 was HALF A DECADE ago.

Btw if you check the static shots, the textures are very low-res. Shame
again.

Oh and that crash in the end... yikes that was ugly.

--
-- François Ménard <ymenard>
-- This announcement is brought to you by the Shimago-Dominguez