Opps... 1988 Dodge Diplomat... was "need help with 1984 Diplomat climate control vacuum lines..."

Old July 17th 05, 02:24 PM

Default Opps... 1988 Dodge Diplomat... was "need help with 1984 Diplomat climate control vacuum lines..."

I'm trying to repair my mom's low mileage '88 Diplomat for her. A
climate control vacuum line 'connector' literally crumbled to pieces
on one side. The side of the connector that is left has all black
tubes except to one red one. Red is the only color that follows thru
the connector. I need to know how to connect the other colors.
Green, light green, yellow, brown, and purple.

Thanks in advance
Old July 17th 05, 03:29 PM
maxpower

> wrote in message
> I'm trying to repair my mom's low mileage '88 Diplomat for her. A
> climate control vacuum line 'connector' literally crumbled to pieces
> on one side. The side of the connector that is left has all black
> tubes except to one red one. Red is the only color that follows thru
> the connector. I need to know how to connect the other colors.
> Green, light green, yellow, brown, and purple.
>
> Thanks in advance

Light green goes to #7 outside air recirc acuator
yellow goes to the defrost acuator #6
brown goes to floor acuator #5
#4 is an empty slot
Black is engine vaccum #3
Red is bi level ( on the same acuator as brown but other side) #2
Gray ( dont see a purple) is to the water valve #1

Good luck
Glenn Beasley
Chrysler Tech

Old July 17th 05, 03:33 PM
maxpower

> wrote in message
> I'm trying to repair my mom's low mileage '88 Diplomat for her. A
> climate control vacuum line 'connector' literally crumbled to pieces
> on one side. The side of the connector that is left has all black
> tubes except to one red one. Red is the only color that follows thru
> the connector. I need to know how to connect the other colors.
> Green, light green, yellow, brown, and purple.
>
> Thanks in advance

Thats from a 1986 Automatic temp control Chrysler Manual I have in the
Garage. I do not no if that is the same as rear rear drive vehicle, Maybe it
will help maybe not

Old July 18th 05, 03:42 AM

WOW... Thanks a million Glenn. I have all the colored 'tubes' there
coming from the places that you describe. I think I can figure out
how to count the holes on the plug from what you said though.

Saturday I was at my parents and I looked at the connector on my dad's
'84 Ram truck. (yeah... that's where I got the "84" from... lol). It
did not have as many lines as it had a different type of climate
control. BUT! When I touched the connector... IT CRUMBLED TO SMALL
PIECES ALSO! Wow. I hope they make them out of better stuff these
days. Now I have to figure out the one on his truck. LOL.

I have found that 3/16" inside diameter vacuum line works well to
reconnect each line one at a time to the remaining half of the
connector. Hopefully I can figure it out with your help.

Again... THANKS!

"Someone trying to be a good son"

On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 10:29:37 -0400, "maxpower"
> wrote:

.. .

Old July 18th 05, 03:57 AM
rob

its an 88 so im assuming TBI?

and its 318? I may have some diagrams

Old July 18th 05, 09:40 AM
maxpower

"rob" > wrote in message
> its an 88 so im assuming TBI?
>
> and its 318? I may have some diagrams
>

> > wrote in message
> > WOW... Thanks a million Glenn. I have all the colored 'tubes' there
> > coming from the places that you describe. I think I can figure out
> > how to count the holes on the plug from what you said though.
> >
> > Saturday I was at my parents and I looked at the connector on my dad's
> > '84 Ram truck. (yeah... that's where I got the "84" from... lol). It
> > did not have as many lines as it had a different type of climate
> > control. BUT! When I touched the connector... IT CRUMBLED TO SMALL
> > PIECES ALSO! Wow. I hope they make them out of better stuff these
> > days. Now I have to figure out the one on his truck. LOL.
> >
> > I have found that 3/16" inside diameter vacuum line works well to
> > reconnect each line one at a time to the remaining half of the
> > connector. Hopefully I can figure it out with your help.
> >
> > Again... THANKS!
> >
> > "Someone trying to be a good son"
> >

> > On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 10:29:37 -0400, "maxpower"
> > > wrote:
> >

> > > wrote in message
> > .. .

> > >Light green goes to #7 outside air recirc acuator
> > >yellow goes to the defrost acuator #6
> > >brown goes to floor acuator #5
> > >#4 is an empty slot
> > >Black is engine vaccum #3
> > >Red is bi level ( on the same acuator as brown but other side) #2
> > >Gray ( dont see a purple) is to the water valve #1
> > >
> > >Good luck
> > >Glenn Beasley
> > >Chrysler Tech

Nope, thats a rear rear drive vehicle with a carb

Old July 19th 05, 03:06 AM
rob

yeah I was thinking that too......but wasn't sure how much hose routing was
close........most likely not much