Does your ‘05 Chrysler 300 track straight?

Old October 12th 04, 12:40 PM
Fred Meyer

Default Does your ‘05 Chrysler 300 track straight?

Was told by dealer, after alignment, my car was one of the better
steering '05 300's they have driven, that all 05 Chrysler 300's follow
the crown of the road and do not track straight. Service manager said
he could make it track straight but it would wear out the tires. Had
the alignment checked by an independent alignment shop, made 2 small
adjustment but everything is lined up. I'm an old foggy and this was
to be my last car but I can hardly stand to drive this one. Driving
this car reminds me of driving off-road in a 4 wheeler except I'm on
the freeway in a ‘05 300. This car goes whatever way the road tilts,
requires constant steering adjustments and I mean constant. Does
anyone else have this problem? Does anyone have any suggestions of how
to correct this problem?
Old October 12th 04, 03:37 PM
Peter A. Stavrakoglou

"Fred Meyer" > wrote in message
om...
> Was told by dealer, after alignment, my car was one of the better
> steering '05 300's they have driven, that all 05 Chrysler 300's follow
> the crown of the road and do not track straight. Service manager said
> he could make it track straight but it would wear out the tires. Had
> the alignment checked by an independent alignment shop, made 2 small
> adjustment but everything is lined up. I'm an old foggy and this was
> to be my last car but I can hardly stand to drive this one. Driving
> this car reminds me of driving off-road in a 4 wheeler except I'm on
> the freeway in a '05 300. This car goes whatever way the road tilts,
> requires constant steering adjustments and I mean constant. Does
> anyone else have this problem? Does anyone have any suggestions of how
> to correct this problem?

I'm aware of a complaint with alignment problems with the 300 but mine seems
to be just fine.

Old October 12th 04, 03:37 PM
Peter A. Stavrakoglou

om...

Old October 12th 04, 11:53 PM
Bill Putney

Fred Meyer wrote:
> Was told by dealer, after alignment, my car was one of the better
> steering '05 300's they have driven, that all 05 Chrysler 300's follow
> the crown of the road and do not track straight. Service manager said
> he could make it track straight but it would wear out the tires. Had
> the alignment checked by an independent alignment shop, made 2 small
> adjustment but everything is lined up. I'm an old foggy and this was
> to be my last car but I can hardly stand to drive this one. Driving
> this car reminds me of driving off-road in a 4 wheeler except I'm on
> the freeway in a ‘05 300. This car goes whatever way the road tilts,
> requires constant steering adjustments and I mean constant. Does
> anyone else have this problem? Does anyone have any suggestions of how
> to correct this problem?

Do a google search on this ng. This problem was discussed a couple of
months ago, and, IIRC, there was a link to some definitive info. on a
repair kit and/or TSB that DC has already come out with for this
problem. I'll let you rediscover the details.

Bill Putney
adddress with the letter 'x')

Old October 12th 04, 11:53 PM
Bill Putney

Old October 13th 04, 12:01 AM
James C. Reeves

"Bill Putney" > wrote in message ...
| Fred Meyer wrote:
| > Was told by dealer, after alignment, my car was one of the better
| > steering '05 300's they have driven, that all 05 Chrysler 300's follow
| > the crown of the road and do not track straight. Service manager said
| > he could make it track straight but it would wear out the tires. Had
| > the alignment checked by an independent alignment shop, made 2 small
| > adjustment but everything is lined up. I'm an old foggy and this was
| > to be my last car but I can hardly stand to drive this one. Driving
| > this car reminds me of driving off-road in a 4 wheeler except I'm on
| > the freeway in a ‘05 300. This car goes whatever way the road tilts,
| > requires constant steering adjustments and I mean constant. Does
| > anyone else have this problem? Does anyone have any suggestions of how
| > to correct this problem?
|
| Do a google search on this ng. This problem was discussed a couple of
| months ago, and, IIRC, there was a link to some definitive info. on a
| repair kit and/or TSB that DC has already come out with for this
| problem. I'll let you rediscover the details.
|
| Bill Putney
| (To reply by e-mail, replace the last letter of the alphabet in my
| adddress with the letter 'x')

But it should have been fixed for the 2005 model...shouldn't it?

Old October 13th 04, 12:01 AM
James C. Reeves

Old October 13th 04, 12:18 AM
Daniel J. Stern

> Does your '05 Chrysler 300 track straight?

And does your chewing gum lose its flavor on the bedpost overnight?
Old October 13th 04, 12:18 AM
Daniel J. Stern

Old October 13th 04, 12:39 AM
Bill Putney

James C. Reeves wrote:
> "Bill Putney" > wrote in message ...
> | Fred Meyer wrote:
> | > Was told by dealer, after alignment, my car was one of the better
> | > steering '05 300's they have driven, that all 05 Chrysler 300's follow
> | > the crown of the road and do not track straight. Service manager said
> | > he could make it track straight but it would wear out the tires. Had
> | > the alignment checked by an independent alignment shop, made 2 small
> | > adjustment but everything is lined up. I'm an old foggy and this was
> | > to be my last car but I can hardly stand to drive this one. Driving
> | > this car reminds me of driving off-road in a 4 wheeler except I'm on
> | > the freeway in a ‘05 300. This car goes whatever way the road tilts,
> | > requires constant steering adjustments and I mean constant. Does
> | > anyone else have this problem? Does anyone have any suggestions of how
> | > to correct this problem?
> |
> | Do a google search on this ng. This problem was discussed a couple of
> | months ago, and, IIRC, there was a link to some definitive info. on a
> | repair kit and/or TSB that DC has already come out with for this
> | problem. I'll let you rediscover the details.
> |
> | Bill Putney
> | (To reply by e-mail, replace the last letter of the alphabet in my
> | adddress with the letter 'x')
> |

> But it should have been fixed for the 2005 model...shouldn't it?

You'd think so, Jim. However, there were some really nuisance problems
on the LH cars that they let go year after year of production.

Bill Putney
adddress with the letter 'x')