65-66 Fastback glass

Old November 15th 04, 08:25 PM
Jeffrey Davison

Default 65-66 Fastback glass

Does anyone here know if there is replacement rear fastback glass or the
door windows are available?

Thanks!

Jeff Davison
Old November 16th 04, 12:28 AM
nospam

The only thing I've found that's reproduction for that era is the
windshield. At least that was the case for 71-72's I may be wrong about
65-66.

I found perfect door glass and rear fastback glass for my '72 mach 1 on ebay
for a VERY good price.
-Dave

Old November 16th 04, 01:23 AM
me

Hi Jeff,

I have two mint doors for my coupe that have fastback glass in them.

Make and offer and I'll work on taking them out. They are pristine as
far as I recall.

E-mail me through the web site link below [navigate to main page].

Andrew Croft

'65 Caspian blue 6 cylinder coupe, blue interior [07.85 to present]
http://www.inhouseproductions.on.ca/Mustang.jpg
'96 Forest green GT coupe, grey interior [04.96 to 04.00]
'88 medium blue 5.0LX hatchback, grey interior [93-04.96]
'80 white hatchback, red interior [91-93]
My other car is a Ford - '04 Escape, 6 cylinder, silver, grey cloth -
LOVE IT - it's my second Escape.

In article >, Jeffrey Davison

Old November 16th 04, 02:30 AM
David E Willson

As far as I know, other than Lexa, which, at least around here (CA) is
illegal for street use, there is no production of after market rear
glass. Go to Hemmings.com and do a search for 65/66 Mustang. Ads are
interspersed in the listings for sources of hard to find parts. Might
also check (do a google) Tom Schmidt's Mustang page and follow the
links for parts. You might also check with a good local windshield
business. If a source does exist for aftermarket production, they's
very likely know.

One day, hopefully NOT, I may be faced with the same problem.

On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 14:25:58 -0500, Jeffrey Davison
> wrote:

>Does anyone here know if there is replacement rear fastback glass or the
>door windows are available?
>
>Thanks!
>
>Jeff Davison

Hey! Spikey Likes IT!
Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior
Vintage 40 Wheels 16X8"
w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A Radial 225/50ZR16
Old November 16th 04, 02:35 AM
Jeffrey Davison

Andrew,

Thanks for your offer. I found a mint set of door glass locally. Now
just need a Fastback rear glass. Hopefully I can find that in new or
mint condition.

Jeff

Old November 17th 04, 02:27 PM
DellDude

Jeff,

Contact these people they advertise in Hemmings and supposedly are making
the back glass:

http://www.autocityclassic.com/

Then also try he

http://www.mustangokla.com/

There are also some junkyard in AZ that specialize Mustang parts. I have an
extra, but it will not be available until I get the car done in a few years
and assuming I do not break the first one.

Good luck.

Old November 17th 04, 09:48 PM
David E Willson

Hey, Thanks! Personally, I found it hard to believe that with the
popularity of the fastbacks, that nobody was producing the rear glass,
yet you could easily get new front glass.

On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 08:27:16 -0500, "DellDude"

Old November 18th 04, 01:17 PM
ford_george

How much do you want for the door glass?